Unlimited access >

New, but not really….Hi!

Oooh, forgot about Numnah, I’m mainly bilingual now, it can be hard changing when we go back to the UK

2 Likes

Congratulations on your special friend request. In the right corner we have the Barisone threads, followed by the Maestro threads (did you know he wrote a book?). To the left is the tack and matchy-matchy section (ES or PSOS? The choices….).

Every now and then rollkur makes an appearance, and many of us are having issues with flying changes in the middle of the room. Do enjoy and let us know your thoughts.

10 Likes

Welcome! Since you declined the speshul friend request AND are a Brit whose Olympic dressage rider CDJ is a terrible rider, maybe you deserve to be sent a bathrobe and slippers to wear in your parent’s basement?

I have tried occasionally to keep up with the Barisone threads but ~100 posts per day, nope.

7 Likes

I take a nap and there’s suddenly 500 posts, mostly not about anything new.

4 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated :blush:

1 Like

Mmm, if a Brit has a basement they are the kind of people who either buy bathrobes and slippers from designer stores in London, or are still wearing ones made in the 1700’s :rofl:

8 Likes

We have the most ridiculous names for things don’t we!?!
Mind you it works both ways……,I will never not snigger at ‘fanny pack’ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Ah that’s a truly speshul one isn’t it lol!
I remember being totally incapable of pronouncing jodhpurs and gymkhana as as a child :crazy_face:

Think we have (very bad) old days of the Raj to thank for those gems

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the welcome
I’m right with you there on the upcoming civil trial.
I’ve followed the whole sad and quite mind boggling saga from pre-shooting and just cannot fathom the depth of LK’s venom.

2 Likes

Try being a smoker and announcing that you’re dying for a fag, and still can’t get used to the fact that pu$$y is such a bad word here…

12 Likes

I really was honoured to be chosen as worthy of the Maestro’s attention :flushed:
Yes, have followed all the fun and games over his….er….literary “masterpiece” :rofl: and his videos are something else. I’ve been lucky enough to ride and train with horses who could perform the airs and his stuff makes me want to claw out my eyeballs!
I am a late in life fan of matchy matchy, it’s an addiction I could do without as forget pads and bandages, I’ve gone full on saddles and bridles too :flushed:
Loving the Flying change hell thread, I’m right there atm as have ridden precisely one since 2008 (been starting youngsters and doing rehab ever since losing my best girl) and my current steed doesn’t like changing to the right….or he doesn’t like the way I ask……think I need to go post in there lol!

I have some possibly contentious views on stuff as I’m a pro YO/ trainer (barn manager?) with 35 years of very varied experience but I’ve embraced barefoot, bitless, R+ training over the years and rehab horses this way, but I try not to be too evangelical about it though!

3 Likes

Love that word. Just roles off the tongue.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!
I shall wear my bathrobe (dressing gown in Brit speak) and slippers with joyous abandon and great pride in my parents basement (cellar!)

I’m lucky being in a totally different time zone, I get to catch up on the busy threads in the morning here whilst the US sleeps. Breakfast is sometimes a lot longer than it should be as a result though :grimacing:

3 Likes

Try being a smoker and announcing that you’re dying for a fag, and still can’t get used to the fact that pu$$y is such a bad word here…
[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Houses do not have basements over the pond?
Yet another interesting thing I have learned on COTH.

2 Likes

Howdy!
Welcome.
Just remember that when you visit the Hunter/Jumper forum the Hunters are not wearing an article of clothing as they go around the course.
Jumpers are horses that jump fences as opposed to hunters that jump fences. :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome, @Hightale! Yes, this place is a lot of fun AND there are some terrific horsepeople here.

Before there was the elderly illegal mob, there was the Illuminati. (I was accused of belonging to a secret society of posters, hence my title.) So please consider joining the Illuminati, as well as the elderly illegal mob. We don’t have bathrobes, but we have a killer secret handshake.

Re: British English vs. American English, I was once describing a fall from a horse to a British friend and said “I fell flat on my fanny!” (I do love alliteration!) She looked at me in surprise and replied “My, you must be limber.”

8 Likes

It’s not common now in newer houses, I guess they are mostly found in big old townhouses?
I grew up in a house with one - a dank, dark spider filled horror of a cellar. Never mind a bathrobe, I’d want a hazmat suit! :grimacing:

3 Likes

Absolutely PMSL :rofl:

I’m just back in from a jump lesson! My very lovely horse was quite accomplished back in the day, now we’re just having a bit of non- competitive fun
I know that the US H/J world is very, very different to how we do it over here. :flushed:

PS I absolutely love your name!

Thanks for the welcome! You just made me laugh out loud! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ooh secret societies AND mobs! I like you guys!! Shall I start a cabal?

3 Likes