Unlimited access >

New cat - needs a name

I mentioned in another thread awhile ago that a black cat was hanging around my barn. Well I got him friendly with me and last week stuffed him in a crate and brought him in the house. I set him up in a large dog crate and got very lucky to get a vet appointment the next day.

Now he’s all checked out, started on shots with neutering planned in a few weeks. He has also settled in as a friendly house cat and he needs a name.

He’s almost solid black with a tiny patch of white on his chest and a few white hairs scattered on his belly.

Pictures as required.

5 Likes

Couldn’t tell you why but Mojo suits him.

1 Like

How old do you think he is?

Mojo is good. Or Kohl.

1 Like

Kohl means cabbage
Kohle is coal

He’s so cute! How are he and your other kitty getting along? By the look of it, pretty well. No name ideas. Just wanted to congratulate you on your new family member and thank you for taking him in.:kissing_heart:

Congrats kitty on your new home.

He looks like an Anubis to me.

1 Like

Vet estimated 3-5. He is a mature tom cat so it’s hard to be sure.

The second cat is Miss (bitchy) Kitty. She is 15 and showed up in the middle of winter about 6 years ago. She has a microchip that was inserted in MA, no idea how she got to southwestern NY.

Her normal MO is that she hates other cats and attacks them, I think she likes him because he’s intact - she periodically acts like she’s not spayed.

2 Likes

Thomas? Seems too obvious.

He looks like my vet’s clinic cat, who they had to PTS last week. His name was Bernie.

Modoki, it’s Japanese for “the same, but different”, and it sounds cool…

1 Like

Kia Kaha is a Maori words that means Stay Strong!

1 Like

The little hussy. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh. Well, I was thinking of the eygptian eyeliner. But Kohle is good, too.

Collier is a good name, too.

OP - his name will come to you. He will tell you. It might be something silly like Bosco, though so be prepared. lol!

4 Likes

My best friend in 6th grade had a spunky, opinionated black cat that looked like your guy.

His name was Simon.

I decided to go with Coal. We’ll see if it sticks.

3 Likes