Unlimited access >

New coat

Looking for a lighter to med weight hunt coat. Ordered a Shires Marlborough online, didnt like the fabric at all. Retuning it. Anyone else try this one and dislike the material?

Any recommendations? Thanks!

PS - I know people hate this question…

I don’t hate it-but I’m waiting to see if there are good ideas! I had one made ages ago in a light weight wool and love it. I hint in the hot ass South and there are days you feel like you’re gonna fall off with a heat stroke. Good luck and if I hear anything I’ll post it.

I have an Alexander James mid-weight twill that I really like. I think it’s technically a show coat, though–double vented. I got it from The Hunting Shop Online in the UK.

We are in our formal season now and it’s still pretty warm up here (75+ yesterday). It was hot in the coat, but not as bad as my melton. :slight_smile:

Check this; https://www.facebook.com/groups/495749837123409/forsaleposts/

I’ve got an Equetech Frock Coat. Nice fabric, not rigid like the shires one and not too heavy. Wasn’t expensive either!

My medium weight frock has become, um, a bit tight. I need a new one. Got mine from Horse Country and my complaint about coats is that we need an inside pocket. If someone made a graet frock with a cell phone pocket I bet it would sell! The one pocket on a frock is just so hard to get into. I need a new frock but the sizes are so weird and I feel like one must go try them on with all the crap we wear underneath to get a good fit.

Found a vintage black coat on EBay. Millers custom. Wool, lined in silk, the vents have canvas on the inside so that your saddle or saddle plate doesn’t tear the coat. Must be pre-1990 because it has that shaped waist and is longier than a show coat. $100. I love it but it is just too hot for a lot of our hunting. In perfect condition. I don’t think the seller knew what it was at all but was happy to get rid of it!
Takes way to long to find that certain coat that is used.