Unlimited access >

New drag arena tool?

Hello,

I am evaluating to buy a new drag for two jumping arenas, just sand footing. No additives or sintetics. Any recommendation? Someone recommend me the dragon fly pro.

Thanks!!!

I had a drag n fly. It is a great drag but did not work well on sand. I wound up getting an Arena Rascal Pro from ABI. I purchased the profiler blade as an option. That thing is genius on sand.

2 Likes

I also have an Arena Rascal Pro. Love it. I pull it with a small suv. Pricey for what it is.

1 Like

Thanks! What are the issues with the drag n fly? Someone in the facilities insist that’s the one but the other day a FEI designer told me the same. I am considering too the tr3-equine.

Love my Rascal Pro for my sand arena. Pull it with a compact tractor (3 point hitch). My understanding is that the dragon fly is for arenas with fiber additives.

1 Like

I had the TR 3 also. It worked fairly well in my very large outdoor, but I had trouble w it throwing sand up to the wall in the corners, even if I went slowly. I had the drag n fly while I had the worst fiber footing on the entire planet. It had a swivel hitch which is just a great invention, so I tried to use it in the sand, both inside and out. If the sand was wet at all, it would pack in the tines of the roller and then turn into a solid drag instead of rolling. I sold the both and bought the rascal pro w the profiler blade. I will not explain this well, but the profiler blade sort of slices the footing parallel to the surface at the depth you set, so it creates a very even footing for horses to work in. ABI has a cool video of it working.

I pull mine w a 3 point hitch, as well, and have had zero problems throwing footing up in the corners.

That is what we have, took a while to adjust just right, has been absolutely perfect for our sandy indoor, could not ask for any better.
Our TR3 with the profiler is almost 10 years old and still looks like new.
It has kept the footing level and smooth and just right for training.
We water with a 500G tank on a trailer, this picture was when we were getting a bit dry:

2 Likes

Thanks, what about the reveal 4-n-1 compared to the TR3 ?

I use a JD 770 to drag my ring. The Reveal 4 n1 doesn’t make anything my tractor can handle. The HP to operate it was too high. The individual who put in my indoor used one. It worked well.