Unlimited access >

New Dressage organization/Will Faerber/Art2Ride

Oh good grief. I was particularly fascinated by the History of Dressage! Who knew!

https://www.worlddressagefederation.com/

The voice in the videos sounds very familiarā€¦ is that who I think it is? Nmā€¦ it is.

1 Like

I looked at Test 5. I was underwhelmed before the pair reached X and then once they were on the long side, thought the horse looked to be going short on its outside fore. That was sufficient for me.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been following this saga via Facebook. Mostly women who want to do best by their horses but lack resources and education. Sigh. Itā€™s almost cultish.

2 Likes

If they mention anywhere who the ā€œjudgesā€ will be and their qualifications, I canā€™t find it.

There seems to be no schedule for their virtual shows since ā€œFall 2020ā€.

ā€œThere were no horses left in Europe other than racehorses by 1945ā€. Really? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Serious kool aid drinkers, but as you say, they are trying to do what they think is best. They are smart enough to see the issues with hyperflexion but not experienced enough to see that Art2Ride is not the answer.

Will Faerber is the biggest fraud out there.

9 Likes

I imagine Will is the judge. He writes the tests. >;-D I can hardly wait to join!

He has a hilarious iinterview on Horsechats on you tube. The guy likes the sound of his own voice, thats for sure >;->

If I was paying $100.00 for video judging that may occur 4x yearly, Iā€™d want to know, not imagine, who is judging.

3 Likes

Well isnā€™t that something. I donā€™t have the patience to watch a 25 minute ā€œtestā€ but scrolling through it seems that 90% of it is done in free walk, and there is no cantering, at least at ā€œfoundationā€ level.

1 Like

What the heck did I just watch?

3 Likes

@BigMama1 Some very bad crooked riding demonstrating a lot of errors. Very educationalā€¦ on what not to do.

3 Likes

yea, the intentional pulling (yanking?) of the inside rein wasā€¦ a bit much.

3 Likes

Iā€™m amazed this moron hasnā€™t been sued over the damage heā€™s doing to horsesā€™ bodies yet.

3 Likes

Or by Nunos family for claiming to have ā€˜studied extensivelyā€™ and presenting his ā€˜methodā€™ as a direct line to Oliveira.

Itss so easy to check someones claims. USDF archived scores show he is such a liar, and his wife too.

They are a joke locally and have been kicked out of every barn in the area, public and private. Of curse its always some one elses fault/failure/issue. The poor people on the fb fans page really think they are doing right.

The work does wreck horses. Stretching is good. Art2ride is crap.

The hubris of this confabulator thinking he needs to start a new dressage organization is just beyond the pale. I also feel sorry for his ā€˜asst trainersā€™, poor misguided lambs.

6 Likes

Iā€™m part of the fb group just to keep tabs on whatā€™s going on over there. Hereā€™s the latest. (Hopefully not out of order, thanks coth forum) Photos have been posted and they are ugly.

23 Likes

Yes! Thank You! This needed to be said~

1 Like

Applause!

1 Like

I should have been more clear. I did not write that post, but kudos to the person who did. Iā€™m sure it will be deleted but it can live hereā€¦

4 Likes

I am not familiar with the art2ride movement. Can anyone supply the cliff notes summary? The few riding videos regarding the tests I watched seemed different. The hands held very high, wide and obvious.

1 Like

I know Iā€™ve asked this before, but why do all the charlatans fixate on Nuno Oliveira?
Any guesses?

4 Likes