Unlimited access >

New from Sacramento!

Hi Everyone, I just joined this forum! I am from Sacramento, Ca and as I was going through I couldn’t believe how many of you are from this area too! I probably know some of you…hmm.

I ride hunters/eq and sometimes If I have the nerve- jumpers.

:slight_smile:

Excited to meet you! Thanks for looking.

Welcome to COTH! :yes:

Welcome! I just love Sacramento, haven’t been there in a while. What kind of horse(s) do you have?

Welcome! I’m in Santa Rosa but travel up to Elk Grove and Rancho Murieta for shows and Pony Club events all the time. I swear, I think I should move up there just so I won’t have to drive so much. You’ve got some great fox hunting in Sloughouse, too!

Welcome! I am in Sacramento also and saw in another thread you’re near a lake…must be Folsom Lake? :wink: Where do you ride? I haven’t been in the scene out here long and don’t really show but I still might know who you are!

I live in Sacramento, also. Who knew there were more than a few of us?

Welcome, welcome!

Wow! Theres a lot of you! Lol. I dont have my own horse right now, so if any of you need your horses ridden or shown…let me know :slight_smile: I am leasing- no owning for me as of right now because im in the middle of school and not sure where I will end up going next year when I transfer! I take a bunch of different lessons at a variety of different barns. However I board at a private location and trailer out.

Dang, I wish you were in the Bay Area, I could use someone like you to ride my horse.

We do eventing, but my horse loves doing the jumpers because she gets to go fast!

I’m not in Sactown, but my boyfriend is, so that makes me a part time Sactown girl! I really enjoy the area. :slight_smile:

I’m in Woodland which is about 20 miles north of Sacramento.

[QUOTE=jenm;5964021]
Dang, I wish you were in the Bay Area, I could use someone like you to ride my horse.

We do eventing, but my horse loves doing the jumpers because she gets to go fast!

I’m not in Sactown, but my boyfriend is, so that makes me a part time Sactown girl! I really enjoy the area. :)[/QUOTE]

I used to live there, Walnut Creek specifically. I miss the bay area! I would loveeee to try eventing, i’ve heard you are all so chill at shows- i’m [not so] done with the hunter ring politics.

[QUOTE=fourmares;5964123]
I’m in Woodland which is about 20 miles north of Sacramento.[/QUOTE]

You guys have that NICE barn out that way… Willow Creek Horse Park? Where Molly Brock is i believe? Have you been out there?

I miss home sometimes: Latrobe.

[QUOTE=Belg;5965183]
I miss home sometimes: Latrobe.[/QUOTE]

No way! My best friend lives right off of there, I am up there at least 3x a week. Plus, I occasionally go up that way for lessons. I love that area- so horsey, I wouldn’t mind buying property up that way.

Welcome! I’m in the Bay area (San Jose specifically) right now. Also looking around for horses to ride since I will hopefully be going back to school soon and had to give my horse up when I moved out here.

Jumpingrules92 - Yes, I’ve been to Willow Creek. About 20 years ago I boarded at the place that Marleen ran before that.

Where at if you don’t mind? I know most of the area like the back of my hand. Still. My best bud lived up both Cothrin Ranch and Ryan Ranch roads, I was just up South Shingle outside of “town” and my Grandparents place was on Latrobe. I actually lived in the little house north of the RR tracks for 6 months or so…

[QUOTE=Belg;5966573]
Where at if you don’t mind? I know most of the area like the back of my hand. Still. My best bud lived up both Cothrin Ranch and Ryan Ranch roads, I was just up South Shingle outside of “town” and my Grandparents place was on Latrobe. I actually lived in the little house north of the RR tracks for 6 months or so…[/QUOTE]

I am in Loomis, but sometimes I go up that way for lessons. From Latrobe you’d take Ryan Ranch to Latrobe to N Shingle and you’d be there! Such a BEAUTIFUL area…

LOL those directions make no sense. Ryan Ranch Road doesn’t go through to Shingle, which would be S. Shingle on that side of US 50 :wink: Cothrin Ranch does, a fact which I’ve made tons of use of over the years…

Moving to Sacramento in June. Probably teaching in Elk Grove. Any suggestions for trainers/stables in that area? I will be leasing for now.