Unlimited access >

New idea for ribbons

It’s been brutally cold up here, so I have eventually got around doing something with ribbons that have been boxed up.

From the wreath, that was great fun, and have another to do, when I can find the right box.

!

Then the $4 rack , super easy, and can change whenever you like.
image|655x500

!

Then my favourite so far, needs a story to go with it.

I met Gibbs on 30th June 2013, an ordinary sort of ranch horse, nothing special, something just to ride and have fun.

1st July 2013 my big black horse chucked me, I was badly hurt, week in intensive care, another 3 in general wards. If I hadn’t already ridden Gibbs, I probably would of quit.

When I was ready to try riding he was there, and carried me from standing crying on the mounting block, to actually getting on, and riding.

He was never born to show, and showed his displeasure at our very first schooling show. Trying to do a 20m circle at A, and he decided to leave the ring, by popping over a lawn ornament flamingo, that was marking one side of the gate​:rofl::rofl: i popped him back over the rail, and we continued on, while everyone was creasing up.

It remains the most energetic thing he ever did, and the most un Gibbs like. Became his legacy move. Sadly we lost him all too soon, but he above all was my heart.

I like this, I see the technical flaws, there are things I would do differently, but such fun, and perfect for my Awesome one.

image|375x500

5 Likes

Great job!
For some reason I just can’t bring myself to take mine apart, but I love seeing these ideas.

2 Likes

That is cool! Totally creative. I just got myself a leather + snaffle bit bracelet that I added my horse’s nametag to as a charm. When I finished, I knew it looked a little DIY, but then I thought, heck! So’s the horse!
Might I suggest sending a pic of it & its story to Jody Jaffe for her new online magazine?

1 Like