Unlimited access >

New movie - "V-The Legacy of Sheila Varian"

https://www.firedrummarketing.com/public_message_view.jsp?s=1i56ahimo6

I am looking forward to this and will definitely be ordering the DVD. I was Arab-crazy as a kid (I still love them); this was when Arabian Horse World was usually a couple-three hundred pages per issue, and I looked forward every month to its delivery.

Sheila Varian is a remarkable woman, and her story is for everyone, not just Arabian folks.

I do remember reading articles featuring her and her training methods. She was sure a “goal” of mine, in gaining skilled ability to work horses! How very cool to hear of a DVD.

Thanks for posting about this.

Truly an inspiring woman. I was fortunate enough to visit Varian Arabians a few years ago and got the tour from Sheila herself…amazing horses and an amazing horsewoman. And her horses get to be horses, not hothouse flowers. Love that!

I was at the Grand National Horse Show at the Cow Palace the year that she won the open reining on Ronteza, even though the mare slipped and fell during her cattle work. Mare was up in a flash and turned the steer before it could get away. Little mare, Sheila’s tall, she just stood as the mare hit the ground then the mare popped right back up under her. Remarkable!!