Unlimited access >

New Pony! Fern Update: Two YEARS down the road, post 59

Consequences.

3 Likes

My little horse with a silvery type mane I named Tribulation. It is a fancy name for trouble. Call name was Tribble - those who know Star Trek know about that! :wink:

7 Likes

Sugar but spell it/ say it: Shugah

1 Like

Not the OP, but that’s my fave suggestion
:star:

Toffee
Sweettater

i had a mare named Tardis. She was a chestnut too.

1 Like

Now that made me laugh :joy:

Still mulling.

1 Like

Milton. I heard him say Milton. Or was that just the voices in my head again? :blush: What a cute and lucky fellow.

1 Like

OP, have you decided?

Enquiring minds need to know!

I confess, I haven’t decided. Nothing sticks yet.

Huey
Winton/Winston
Harvey
Harold
Walter
Melvin

As a riff on one of the above suggestions, Good Trouble (a nod to John Lewis as well).

1 Like

Fritz… I don’t know why.

1 Like

Patrick/Pádraig - nickname Paddy

Jax

The saints day for Saint Paul Miki was this past weekend. Paul Miki or just Miki would be super cute!

No shame…I bought a new horse on Nov 18, he came home on Dec 20, and until last week he still didn’t have a barn name. :flushed: Something will feel right eventually! Either that or he’ll just be named Pony and that’s okay too haha.

1 Like

I have decided to call him… Fern.

It was my grandmother’s middle name, she died a few weeks ago. I think he will do it justice.

39 Likes

A lovely name. So sorry for you loss. What a nice way to remember her.

3 Likes

Just thought I’d update this since it’s been 6 weeks.

Little Fern is now a pro at picking up his feet and meeting me at the gate when it’s dinner time. He’s gaining steadily, has been brought up to date on all the basics and is no longer terrified of my every move. He enjoys play fighting with overly-tolerant big brother Elmo and slurping down his mushy meals.

Soon, he will meet the vet. I have held off because he was SO afraid of being touched that I felt an exam would be traumatic, but he’s more at ease now and I need the expert vet to search for testicles, which I have not been able to find :unamused: :joy: and to verify his age.

Now that he’s in better shape, I will share a few pictures.

Today:

Day of arrival, yak hair hiding his poor body condition and numerous disgusting ticks:

Feet/body upon arrival:

19 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
He looks much better. Glad he is making progress! Lucky pony!

1 Like