Unlimited access >

New Pony! Fern Update: Two YEARS down the road, post 59

I brought this young man home over the weekend. Typical craigslist buy in need of an upgrade, he’s most likely from one of the reservation herds and was bought by a very kind but inexperienced couple as a weanling at the auction - and then handled very little for the last year. He leads and knows how to pick up one foot :rofl: he’s super sweet, just wary but is coming around quickly.

He needs a name, so ideas are welcome!

13 Likes

Give him some time, and he will tell you his name.

4 Likes

I agree, listen to him he will tell you, but don’t be shocked if he is a Snickers!

8 Likes

He’s a cutie! We had a similar-looking pony at the first barn I rode at as a kid and he was Peanut.

2 Likes

For some strange reason the name Pigeon popped in my head.

4 Likes

Tato, like potato :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m tellin’ ya, his name is LUCKY SUCKER. :rofl:

In all seriousness, I do like Snickers!

3 Likes

He’s cute! He definitely needs a food name. Like Snickers, or Peanut, or Waffles.

1 Like

I like that! Or Tater or Latke. :smile:
Eta: or Nutmeg!
He’s a little cutie pie!:heart:

2 Likes

For some odd reason on my screen his coat looks pinkish so I’d name him Pinky. He’s cute! I love ponies :heart_eyes:!

1 Like

He has a lovely kind eye. My first POA was named tater :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Teddy?
Seamus?

I am listening to him, I just need to have some ideas in my head! Keep em coming!

He may or may not turn out to be an actual pony. I haven’t measured yet, but he’s ~1.5yo and hasn’t had proper nutrition provided to him until now.

1 Like

Boy Scout

Finn

2 Likes

Cecil
Hero
Bravo
Chapo (shorty, in Spanish)
Lad
Captain/Cappy/Cap
Foxy
Squirrel

Jigsaw (his multicolor mane looks like someone put down a wrong puzzle piece :laughing: )

2 Likes

Doodle!
Pumpkin
Navi
Scout
Dandilion

With THAT hair—Fabio.

7 Likes

Edmund