Unlimited access >

New Tall Boots/ Semi Custom Tall Boots

I’ve had the same pair of tall boots since I was 13. They’ve held up fantastically and I couldn’t be happier, until I finally rubbed a very large hole into the sides. I have a pair of Ariat Quantums that are great (only been ridden in a few times after being broken in), but they just aren’t the same feel while jumping and I can’t stand to use them :cry:

My deliemma is this: I’m in my last year as a Junior and don’t have the time to wait for customs especially with no truly working/show acceptable boots. I’d prefer to just get one nice pair that is sturdy enough to hold up for both schooling and shows. (I only have one horse who I ride 3-4 times a week)

I’ve got some very long legs for such a small person (5’3) and I like them tall and tight. I was what everyone’s prefences are on higher end but off the rack tall boots. I am considering the Parlantis, Sergio, DeNiro, etc

I love my de niros, they are beautiful and come in an extra extra tall. They were definitely the tallest boots in my foot size off the rack in anywhere near that price point. I would definitely recommend them if you need tall!

Yes! Definitly tall!! I’m a 7 1/2 with 19-20 inches tall and 13 1/2 inch calf. Do you notice your boots holding up well? Also what type of drop did you have? Did they stretch in the calf? Also do they run small or large in the foot? I’ve heard both

I have Sergios from off the rack and they look like they’re custom - I love them. They only dropped about 1/4-1/2 an inch since I bought them last summer. I don’t know about their tall options, but they’re holding up pretty well. I’d buy them again.

DeNiro’s - you can get them in many heights and width “off the rack”. I ordered mine from SmartPak and just retruend the pair that didn’t fit. I really like them, they fit almost like customs. I have very skinny tall calves and a big foot, so went XS calf width and XX tall.

I really like my DeNiro boots. Mine are XS and XT in a 38EUR foot. My true size is 38.5, and SmartPak suggested I size down. Glad I did. So I’d say the foot runs a little bit large. That also made me fit more squarely into the width and height options than if I’d gone with the 39. They didn’t drop much. Started where they were just too uncomfortable to ride with the top snaps done at first and now they hit perfectly behind the knee.

[QUOTE=agahles;8048216]
I’ve had the same pair of tall boots since I was 13. They’ve held up fantastically and I couldn’t be happier, until I finally rubbed a very large hole into the sides. I have a pair of Ariat Quantums that are great (only been ridden in a few times after being broken in), but they just aren’t the same feel while jumping and I can’t stand to use them :cry:

My deliemma is this: I’m in my last year as a Junior and don’t have the time to wait for customs especially with no truly working/show acceptable boots. I’d prefer to just get one nice pair that is sturdy enough to hold up for both schooling and shows. (I only have one horse who I ride 3-4 times a week)

I’ve got some very long legs for such a small person (5’3) and I like them tall and tight. I was what everyone’s prefences are on higher end but off the rack tall boots. I am considering the Parlantis, Sergio, DeNiro, etc[/QUOTE]

Why don’t you get your favorite pair repaired?

They have been repaired multiple times already and unfortunately they just don’t look the same anymore

I have 2 pairs of Parlanti’s personally and I’ve been floored how quickly they break in. I ordered them from tailored equestrian and had them shipped to a place I was staying in Paris (they don’t ship to the US and they are almost half price). I walked 3 miles in them the first day out without any pain whatsoever.

Your first ride, they feel a hair awkward, no pain or anything, just not the full dexterity you normally have but that’s it, your next ride is how they will be going forward. I’ve flown comfortably from Palm Beach Florida to Los Angeles in them (didn’t take them off). I’ve never had a blister or any discomfort ever.

I take good care of them, so I think they’ll last reasonably well. Even if they don’t, I will probably order another pair given how low the Euro is right now! :lol:

[QUOTE=greysfordays;8049113]
I have 2 pairs of Parlanti’s personally and I’ve been floored how quickly they break in. I ordered them from tailored equestrian and had them shipped to a place I was staying in Paris (they don’t ship to the US and they are almost half price). I walked 3 miles in them the first day out without any pain whatsoever.

Your first ride, they feel a hair awkward, no pain or anything, just not the full dexterity you normally have but that’s it, your next ride is how they will be going forward. I’ve flown comfortably from Palm Beach Florida to Los Angeles in them (didn’t take them off). I’ve never had a blister or any discomfort ever.

I take good care of them, so I think they’ll last reasonably well. Even if they don’t, I will probably order another pair given how low the Euro is right now! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have a pair of Parlantis as well (also have DeNiros and Ariat Monacos), and while they are super nice show boots and SO soft and well fitted, I would NEVER expect them to hold up to daily schooling for much longer than a year or two at best. My DeNiros on the other hand, have been my schooling every day boots for the past 4ish years, and they still look great! My only qualms with my DeNiros is that they stretched width wise in the calf quite a bit, but I could easily polish them up and they would easily be show worthy!

I own Sergios and DeNiros and have seen plenty of pairs of Parlantis.

Parlantis - Most expensive and the softest leather. Virtually no break in time, but they are very easy to put a hole through the inside. They come in any size you can imagine, but have a low Spanish top and tend to drop, so they may end up being too short. If you ride in them 3 - 4 times a week, they might last you through this year.

Sergios - My favorite leather out of the three options, nice and soft but durable. Very little break in time. I’ve had mine for three years and while the inside has taken a beating, they aren’t ready to be patched yet. Mine continually dropped due to use and the soft leather and ended up dropping to be too short (dropped initially after a few rides, then dropped again to be too short about 2 years later). The Imperias have the least tapered ankle out of the three options, although it’s not bulky. I think they have a new version out with a more fitted ankle.

DeNiros - I was reallyyy skeptical about these at first, but I’m really happy I bought them. The leather is the least soft out of the three, this pair will stand up on its own without boot trees, but I don’t mind it for the price. Really tapered ankle and a great fit, you really wouldn’t know they’re a “cheaper” option unless you feel the leather. Some break in time but not horrible, I showed in them after three or four rides and 5 hours of barn chores. Probably the best bang for your buck, but you aren’t getting the buttery soft leather.

ETA: I have a 41 in the Sergios and a 40 in the DeNiros. DeNiro is a little smaller in the foot but both are comfortable.

I just bought a pair of custom Der Dau boots and they are a making.