Unlimited access >

New to MD/DC area looking for an eventing barn

Hi! I’m new to the MD/DC area and am looking for a good eventing barn to take lessons and board. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks!!

Waredaca

2 Likes

Hi there, I would maybe search the area 2 eventing facebook page and search eventing barns in MD as there are several listed that might help you looking anyway. Or I’d post there too with the area you looking in. Good luck! https://www.facebook.com/Bascule-Farm-LLC-313139995400235/?tn=R

1 Like

Where in the DC/MD area are you located - ie: are you living in DC and would be communing out? are you living in the MD suburbs? With traffic in the area where you are and which way you’ll be commuting to the barn makes a huge difference in terms of how long you’ll be spending in the car!

Also, what are you looking for in a barn? Trainer on site? indoor? trailer parking?

5 Likes

Reddemeade Equestrian Center

Destination Farm in Dickerson, MD!

2 Likes

I enthusiastically second Destination Eventing! It’s fantastic. I conducted a fairly exhaustive search of area eventing barns during Covid as a lesson student, and Destination edged out the competition in all respects-quality and professionalism of instruction, beautiful facilities, and a very active AA eventing community. I don’t currently own, but the care appears to be excellent (I would not take lessons there if it were not).

I also had a great experience at Dovecote Equestrian (opposite sides of the DVM from Destination - showing you how wide-ranging my search was!).

I had pretty extensive experience at Reddemeade (the option nearest to my house), and I recommend Destination and Dovecote over it without reservation- I am happy to provide detail by PM.