Unlimited access >

No end to the Stoopid

Can’t bear them :confounded:

1 Like

Probably kin to “the saddling Friesians”

Maroon = Nincowpoop

OP you can only be there to pick up the pieces.

does the on line show require papers if they are entering a breed class

I assume since owner has the foal, they also have means to take proper vet care of the wee thing, deworm vaccine et al

2 Likes

@Equibrit :roll_eyes: Too lowbrow?
I forgot one of my faves: Marvin the Martian :heart_eyes:

@lenapesadie Huh? Please splain “the saddling Friesians” :thinking:

@hoopoe If Only…
Nincowpoop (love that!)was briefly the Proud Owner of another of this “breeder’s” offspring.
Which, left in “breeder’s” care, was insufficently treated for parasites to the extent the poor thing died enroute to the Vet College clinic.
I believe the online show is not sophisticated enough to require proof of breed.

Friesians crossed in gaited horses = saddling Friesians

Malarkey the lot of it lol

2 Likes

@2DogsFarm Nincowpoop reference from Bugs Bunny cartoon with him as a matador. see also Gullabull.

but too so sad that people get involved with cruddy “horsie mill” breeders because they want some fancy horse ( dog/ trendy pet) they saw in a movie. I think Taco Bell and the Legally Blonde franchise owe a lot of money to rescues who scoop up all the ill-bred chihuahuas

5 Likes

Isn’t that cross a Georgian Grand?

Maybe, I dunno if those are a more specific cross or not. Here’s your sign your dealing with stoopid breeders; they make up names for their crossbred horses instead of using existing terminology. Regardless, “saddling Friesians” makes my eye twitch.

2 Likes

not really, Fresian plus Saddlebred equals Georgian Grande but remember not all Saddlebreds are
gaited. The one the originators used was not.

1 Like

“Saddling Friesians” (:face_vomiting:) were / are Friesians crossed on TWH and/or Spotted Saddle Horses, if I recall correctly. I only bumped into it IRL with one breeder many moons ago but have occasionally heard it again referencing what I presume is stock from that farm. So I guess I can’t call them Stoopid for not using existing terminology and will continue calling them Stoopid for creating their own terminology of “Saddling Friesians”. I don’t have a good eye twitch emoji so just use your imagination.

2 Likes

For a long time the Freisian registry forbid crossing Friesians at all. That has now been relaxed. So there are breeders everywhere crossing Friesians with everything.

The Friesian/QH or Paint cross is actually nicer than you’d think (as is saddle bred/QH). However the seem to almost always be pure black even if the breeder wanted spots.

The Freisian/ASB I watched in a dressage clinic was the narrowest horse I’ve ever seen and quite stiff.

People see the head set and trot and think dressage talent, but there isn’t really an inherent ability to bend or collect. They are harness horses, bred to go straight and flashy.

3 Likes

This describes friend’s cross to a T.
Not sure if he’s a QH cross, but he is jetblack & could pass for full Friesian.
He is a lovely Driving horse & does well (at County Fair level) U/S - both Western & English.

1 Like

Unlikely as I own a Friesian / QH cross and I think he’s the nicest horse ever lol! I admit I’m likely biased but he’s a nice enough boy! He’s plain bay though and folks think he’s a WB all the time. Personally I think he looks like an overgrown pony. His dam was a strictly racing bred QH off the track so fairly different conformation than say a WP bred QH.

He’s homebred so perhaps I should make up a name instead of Friesian cross lol.

When I contracted the breeding to the Friesian stud, I believe at that time approved breeding Friesian stallions would lose their approval if bred to non Friesian mares. That was 11 years ago.

Racingbred Friesian comes to mind… :smirk:

3 Likes

There always seems to be a direct correlation between the amount of mane hair a breed tends to have, and the number of stupid people it attracts.

5 Likes

A friend’s mother calls Friesians “Gorilla horses”, and now i can’t NOT think of them as such lol.

3 Likes

Buwahahahaha!

Horse in question says “Cookie Eating Friesian”

1 Like

sounds like he might be a Zippidy DooDah horse; fast and fancy :wink:

1 Like

Dashing Dancing Friesian lol

Your loss.

Maroon definitely is a word which is a variation of moron. Really.