Unlimited access >

No end to the Stoopid

Need advice from anyone familiar with/Friesian breeding.

I posted last year about the maroon who bought a Friesian weanling, left with the “breeder”. This alleged Pro went on to neglect worming the baby. Who ended up dead from a parasite overload.
Well, Dumb has no limits & maroon just bought another 5mo colt from the same asshat.
It is fugly, but I allow for the 3 Weeks, 3 Months, 3 Years & Don’t Look In Between Rule.
Still, it looks more grade or QH, neck set low, shoulder angle meh…
But buyer claims this one is “half Old Friesian, half New Friesian”
Does such a thing exist?
If so, please 'splain.

There are different lines of Friesians, more baroque harness types and more modern sport horse. They are both handsome types of horses. Not my thing for a riding horse, but handsome.

Unless you can see papers you don’t know what it is.

I don’t pay much attention to Friesians but we have some good breeders in the Dutch farming community and harness community here. The foals tend to be very upright and adorable. But all foals often have short necks compared to their bodies.

1 Like

The “Dutch Farming Community” folks have a tendency to purchase stallions that didn’t make it through approval. Here in South East PA, we have a plethora of dutch harness horse prospects but didn’t make the cut and should have been cut literally. Not sure if that’s the case in your area, but it means that for the most part something was missing when they were presented. That doesn’t bode well for anything produced from that stock

7 Likes

Oh no, we dont have Pennsylvania “Dutch” /Doestch /german/ Amish here. :slight_smile:

We have actual Dutch families that immigrated after WW2, helped drain some of our marsh land and have been very prosperous mainstream farmers, dairy and flowers/tulips/nursery garden centers. The Freisian breeder I was thinking about is totally legitimate, competes in combined driving, nice horses.

1 Like

I have a friend with a FriesianX & a full Friesian - both driven, but the cross is also ridden.
Both have the classic, more baroque build.
The fugly baby just does not appear to have any Friesian characteristics.
Yet?

I live not far from.a large Amish community & have seen a lot of the DHH, purebred & crosses.
As well as the more recently popular Friesian crosses.
This baby doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen run through sales either.

I may know more shortly as maroon wants to enter baby in an online show in a Halter class.
So far baby has been led, at walk only.
Friend has been asked to video maroon & baby for the entry.
I plan on going along to see the thing IRL (& be there to call 911 when baby is asked to trot).
Maroon has demonstrated a notable lack of adult horse handling skill, so…

I get wanting a front row seat. But sometimes it’s better to let the annoying fools go off and be fools with their own kind. Actually paying attention gives them too much room in your head.

11 Likes

Maroon ?

3 Likes

A la Bugs Bunny :wink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxGgnI6kCrs

4 Likes

Slow News Days here :roll_eyes:
I have very little contact with maroon in person, but everything I hear makes me :persevere:

A feeble “reason”, I know, but seeing the Trainwreck gives me something to do :expressionless:
The only headspace taken is in the File Away For Amusement section.

4 Likes

Is it black and hairy? :rofl: If this buyer is really such a “maroon,” those might be all the Friesian characteristics they can recognize anyway.

7 Likes

I think the word she was aiming for is “moron”…

2 Likes

It’s often used online as a synonym for moron, perhaps to evade the civility algorithms that put people in FB jail for saying words like old cow or fat bitch or fugly on animal discussion groups.

But actually the word maroon has a whole other definition that most people aren’t familiar with. Google it.

Sounds about right :smirk:

I use “maroon” in the Bugs Bunny sense :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Oh that’s interesting! Thanks for that. Definitely thought it was an autocorrect error!

Maroon has several meanings;
A colour.
An explosive ordnance.
Being stranded on an island.
Escaped Jamaican slaves.
There may be more.
2dogs useage is not within my cultural reference.

2 Likes

So… No Warner Bros cartoons in the UK? :scream:
Here in the USofA, us '50s kids grew up on Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, et al.

@ChocoMare posted a link upthread

2 Likes

Lol. Black and hairy. I am going to start calling the huge spiders in the tack room … Friesians.

10 Likes

But…
Is they NEW Friesians, or OLD Friesians?
:spider::spider::spider::spider::spider::spider:

3 Likes

Depends on how long and thick their hairy legs are!

:rofl:

1 Like