Unlimited access >

Noise Canceling Ear Bonnets for Dressage

What is the best brand of noise canceling ear bonnets for a dressage horse with a cob size head?

I found a schockemohle silent fly bonnet in cob size. I had a hard time finding one in cob size. I ordered it from the collected pony.

LeMieux

1 Like

Thank you. I will try them.

Most of my barn uses shockemohle but since they’re pricier I ordered the B Vertigo RXS last year and it’s a bit denser which I count as a good thing if I’m trying to convince my mare she doesn’t hear snow slithering off the roof.

Oh man, provided we’re not at a show I’ll reach for real ear plugs then!

My horse has a beautiful head and I hate to cover it with a bonnet but he needs the sound muffling. I use the LeMieux medium because the ears aren’t so big as other brands. His bridle is a cob but his browband is 17" if that helps with sizing.

They definitely work. I was at a show and it was 95 deg, so after my class I took the bonnet off and he instantly got bugeyed. Like a switch!

Just be careful. I’ve had my bridle flip all the way off when my horse shook his head, and I’ve heard others with the same story. I’m very careful to watch for flies!

I wish we could use ear plugs. They work the same but are safer and nicer looking.