Unlimited access >

Not authorized to "thumbs up" posts?

For a few weeks now, every so often when I try to “like” a post a message pops up telling me I have tried to see who has liked the post and that I am not authorised to do that. It seems random

I’m having the same problem.

Happens to me every time I try to like something. Usually if I wait I few seconds and try again, it works. Usually. Sometimes it’s a lost cause.

2 Likes

I would guess this glitch falls into the category of things that will not be fixed because they are madly working on getting a whole new forum platform.

My experience is the same as Cayuse. If I try again in a little bit it will usually let me.

2 Likes

I know working on some aspects of the “Like” feature on the new site, and importing ones from this site to that one, are on the list of things to work on, so I don’t know if they’ve been doing something that might affect how they operate here. I will let the developers know in case it affects what they’re working on, but I don’t anticipate they’d work on fixing it here unless it’s related to work on the new platform.

Thanks for reporting the issue. We’re getting very close to releasing the new site. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It sounds like you’re consistently having this problem, so not sure if this is to blame, but: you can’t like a post from a banned member. No one can. If you’re catching up on old train wreck threads, quite a lot of those posters are banned!

1 Like