“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

Something about this filly really hits me in the gut. Thank you for giving her a chance! Now I must go find my Kleenex.

16 Likes

Thank you so much for posting your experience and this update! I am sooo invested in this little filly and I can’t wait to see more updates in the future!

And I really wish you could find out what happened to those other young horses she was with! and what that story behind them is!

5 Likes

What a cutie, and sounds like a very good egg too.

If she was somewhere she was handled and treated well, maybe she is registered–have your vet check for a microchip, too. If she’s a registered young TB, she’ll have one.

8 Likes

I love the name you chose 🩵

7 Likes

Thank you for the update! You are a good egg. :heart:

6 Likes

She has a lovely trot. Can’t wait to see her glow up

5 Likes

I’m still amazed at how much better she looks already between the auction photo and the new photo.

If she can improve that much in a couple of weeks, imagine what she will look like in a year!

11 Likes

Thank you for giving her a chance! I look forward to following Nosey’s progress. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ya’ done good.

Helpful to know that Bowie seems to be all set up for distance purchases and it’s not that hard to do it through them without “boots on the ground” in Texas.

14 Likes

How lucky is Nosey - and all of us - to be getting the chance to grow and glow up with you!

17 Likes

You know my theory. I’m guessing she came from pretty decent beginnings and just got a little unlucky in life… As can happen to any of us. Cheers to Nosey! :clinking_glasses:

23 Likes

Can’t wait for updates!

That trot video…is compelling.

11 Likes

Indeed.

I believe I said “oh damn” :face_with_monocle:

22 Likes

This is code for “I am an enabler and will enable others in the future” :grin:

“Nosey” is going to absolutely shine in your care, I am sure. You will have all of us here at COTH saying you pulled a fast one with a bait & switch when even in just a month or two you show us photos of a lovely young horse who is positively gleaming. She found the soft landing that any horse could have wished for. Bless you for taking her.

21 Likes

2Dogs preps guac & Diet Coke (preferred over the cardbordeaux) & selects comfy chair to read Nosey updates.
Add: box of Kleenex because you, @2bayboys have The Eye & The Skill to see & polish up the rough-edged ones & reading their progress, it makes me a bit teary :sleepy:

25 Likes

I’m already thinking she could do the hunter breeding classes at Devon next year. Lol.

12 Likes

Her beautiful eye in the over the door shot.
TBs. Sigh

7 Likes

She is lovely and such a sweet demeanor. I was a bit more unlucky with my Bowie purchase as he was sick requiring vet care and a month plus quarantine. But I am lucky that he is now gleaming with health and I found out he’s actually registered with some high profile names. Not that the pedigree matters to me (I want to do endurance) but it is interesting! I will look forward to her updates.

26 Likes

I love when all the COTH aunties can follow along and I can’t wait to see her transformation.

Welcome Nosey.

Susan

16 Likes

Yeah ok, that’s what you did. :thinking: :crazy_face: I might ask where do I send you a case of wine (or a mass quantity of cardboardeaux), I think you will need it.

Whatever her age, my guess is long-term, maybe lifetime, malnutrition. That can affect a horse’s ability to develop and to learn. Their brain may not come together per nature’s plan.

That said – If she has a good home for life, regardless of outcomes, that’s wonderful. That’s all that matters. Blessings on that undersized, undernourished creature.

I also would guess that she is either much younger or much older than she guessed or reported. But in my experience, from Bowie there is no backtracking to direct contact to a horse’s origins to find out more information.

Some lucky strikes do come through Bowie. Good luck from here. :wine_glass: :racehorse:

3 Likes