“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

Thanks!
Very interesting.

That video doesn’t look like a typical allergy or parasite induced cough to me.

I know you probably feel like you’re hemorrhaging money right now, but have you considered having her throat scoped? Not trying to be an alarmist. She just sounds more like a horse with a throat/pharynx issue than a “respiratory” horse to me.

Side note: I’d definitely not blame the TC Senior, since the Gro 'N Win contains essentially the same ingredients, just in different proportions. :wink:

2 Likes

I misspoke about that, it’s Buckeye Ultimate Finish not the Grow N Win. But I’m open to suggestions for sure!

1 Like

I have to admit, I wondered too if maybe a scope might reveal something. Because I’m always looking for ways to spend @2bayboys’ $$$.

Honestly though, I’m jingling that the panacur fixes this. I can totally understand the concern over The Cough That WouldNot Go Away.

9 Likes

A scope is on the list. Perhaps for next month after the current dex/ventipulmin/panacur cycle is finished and my credit card draws a breath. :smirk:

Both vets I’ve used have doubts about laryngeal and epiglottis abnormalities because of the inflammation in the lungs confirmed by ultrasound and the lack of other symptoms such as feedstuff draining through the nostrils as is common with problems in the larynx. But we’re not ruling it out yet!

14 Likes

Oops, sorry, I forgot you’d already done the ultrasound of the lungs and inflammation was noted. Dang! You’re certainly covering all the bases.

Nosey is such a lovely filly and like many others here, I hope to see her become a true Cinderella story for you.

8 Likes

Feeling pretty good tonight! Playing with a fat auntie :heart:

80 Likes

Looks like some major hyjinx going down there!!

3 Likes

Looks like a fat auntie is feeling pretty sassy too! :purple_heart: :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Sort of like when the older dog perks up with a new puppy in the mix. Lol.

5 Likes

I am obsessively checking this thread for dna results, just fyi haha

6 Likes

And I’m looking for the next weekly conformation pose shot to see how she’s progressing (no presh, just excited to follow along).

4 Likes

^ Same on both counts.

10 Likes

This thread is definitely where I stop for a dose of what is good in this world.

17 Likes

Yes, this thread and Henry (and the kiddo) never fail to brighten my day.

3 Likes

Me too! I was tempted to bump it up a few days ago just so it wouldn’t fall so far down the page.

Will try to get pics tomorrow but I did put a measuring stick on Nosey this morning and she’s 14.1 at the withers and a hair over 15 hands at her croup. Baby horse weirdness. So the conformation pics will be wonky for sure!!

24 Likes

Maybe stand her on a slope for the photos? Lol.

8 Likes

Maybe it’s like the geographic areas with steep hillsides, where children are born with one leg shorter than the other, so they can walk across their hill.

Maybe yearlings have periods when they are conformed for a time to make slopes easier to … well anyway.

[A folk tale I heard in a steep landscape peice of country.]

3 Likes

Not a great pic but she is just incrementally getting bigger and bigger in tiny stages.

47 Likes