“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

A picket! It’s been a minute.

4 Likes

She’s stunning. I wonder how many people looked at her and passed. They’d be kicking their own backside, if they could see her now

3 Likes

As the owner of a fabulous mare, with a fabulous front end, and a large, “common” head with giant ears-- Nosey shines front to back! What a gorgeous girl! Her Auntie Fleur from WA says our big heads mean we are smart and kind.

19 Likes

Hey, I’ll meet your gray mare with an ugly plain head with big ears and raise you a black mare with an ugly plain head with big ears. :grin:

25 Likes

I love a big ol’ noggin, bonus points for a Roman nose, lol. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

I know the manager of Mr. Hubbard’s farm. I can ask her if she knew of any fillies that were produced after his death that may have been sold young.
Will report back if I find anything.

34 Likes

That is cleaner than my horses look after I have groomed them I think… my herd says Nosey needs to step up her filth game. :rofl: :rofl:

I also had a grey mare with a plain head and big ears… to the point people argued with me that she couldn’t possibly be an arab. But what I wouldn’t give to find another just like her…

32 Likes

Awesome photo!

2 Likes

Nosey looks fantastic! I showed DH, who is supportive but not a bit horsey, and he lit up.

4 Likes

My mom always says she may not ride the head, but she does have to look at it feeding every morning! :rofl:. But then, she also used to say “Beauty is as beauty does” about my stunning Appaloosa that occasionally had mood swings. :grin:

14 Likes

Hoping everything went well!! Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

May your recovery be smooth sailing.

7 Likes

So far so good!

53 Likes

Nice. The healing vibes from the feline friend are sure to help.

8 Likes

Good vibrations? :laughing:

7 Likes

I think I actually read an article one time that said that a cat’s purring mechanism helps to heal them. Maybe similar to the vibration pads that some people stand horses on?

Can’t hurt, might help!

9 Likes

For sure! Helps keep the stress levels down, too.

5 Likes

Did you know they were going to graft a cat onto your leg? :flushed:

51 Likes

Hope you heal remarkably fast and as pain-free as possible!

5 Likes

They said I was getting a new ligament from an organ donor but this is not what I imagined :rofl:

45 Likes