“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

She is so lovely and maturing nicely! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Just a little side-by-side for us side-by-side fans.

60 Likes

A good shine up and she looks ready for a fancy TB sale. Wow. She is going to be the bees’ knees.

Susan

6 Likes

Wow. The difference is incredible. You’ve done a fantastic job. You should be very proud!

4 Likes

I stand by what I said about the Grand Duchess Anastasia.

I love looking at these youngsters and getting to see the flashes of what they’ll look like when they’re real grown up horses. Then their back ends shoot up another 4" or their necks grow two feet longer than the rest of their bodies and you lose the vision.

5 Likes

Still a little hip high, but that’s babies! Otherwise, she is almost unrecognizable. @2bayboys, you have an amazing eye :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Also, a gorgeous farm and a very talented pony rider…we should send you shopping :grin:

15 Likes

She’s gorgeous. This is surely karma rewarding you for taking her home.

6 Likes

Wow she’s really something!! So fun watching her glow & grow up!

1 Like

Very nice. There is really nothing to fault!

3 Likes

Love her big butt. :heart:

2 Likes

Wow. You wouldn’t know it was the same horse!

4 Likes

Always look at the bones!! Even in that first ugly auction picture I loved her angles and overall balance.

18 Likes

She’s gorgeous! You would hardly recognize it’s the same filly. How wonderful for her she lucked into you!

7 Likes

Ditto. And then the trot just confirmed it.

5 Likes

You’ve got the eye, though. I will admit it, when I saw the first pics esp that still I have above in the side-by-side, her head looks just awful to me. I would have passed entirely despite angles and trot and colour. Her head just looked (forgive me, both Nosey, Nosey’s mum, and all the Nosey Aunties among whom I count myself) - ugly.

Now you look at her and she has a lovely head and intelligent eye and is just a stunner.

I know how to stay in my lane: if I needed a youngster or a project, I’d definitely ask your opinion!!

To quote Tracy Lord: “Can Tracy [2bayboys] pick 'em or can she?”

15 Likes

You don’t ride the head. Or the papers. Lol.

5 Likes

lol I get it. But the head is literally the last thing I think about. About 100 years ago (look at those short boots and no harness on the helmet!) I had a gray TB mare who was a fabulous mover and jumper and so so classy and had an ugly plain head with big ears. But you literally did not see the head when she jumped like this every time.

46 Likes

I know, but I like what I like and I like a pretty head. I admit it! To my detriment, for sure, b/c I would have passed on Nosey and look at her now!! :star_struck:

7 Likes

What a lovely pic! You two looked good together.

5 Likes