“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

Does anyone know when 2bayboys’ surgery was scheduled for? Praying for healing if that’s where she’s been.

3 Likes

August 16th.

1 Like

Her what, now?

Torn meniscus repair if I remember correctly? Will be down, healing from knee surgery for awhile. It takes time. I’ve been there with knees. It hurts.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Oof. Hope everything goes well.

3 Likes

Hey there! All is well, my son got married this past Saturday which was An Event of Epic Proportions and my surgery is scheduled for this Friday. Complete ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair ugh. Definitely planned it so I could dance (gently) with my son before going on crutches!

Thank you so much for all the positive thoughts!

Nosey is doing so well. She is growing like crazy and looks like she’s shot up six inches. I’m kind of resigned to the fact now that I’ll probably never know who she is :disappointed: but I like to think that the important part of her story is yet to come.

66 Likes

Huge congrats and best wishes for the happy couple!

And best wishes to you for a very speedy recovery and a very bright future with Nosey!

And anyway, as the old saying goes, you don’t ride the papers. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sure you do. She’s Nosey Posey the Fancy Filly, by Truck out of Texas, and she’s whoever she says she is. Maybe she’s the equine equivalent of the Grand Duchess Anastasia. No one can say she’s not!

Hope your surgery goes well this week and you have an easy recovery. I stand by what I said about taking Henry to my house for the duration. I’d offer to take Nosey too, but I think her aunties are doing a much better job raising her than our old gelding field would.

51 Likes

I’m sure @2bayboys doesn’t want to be prying Henry out of someone’s cold, dead hands in a month or two, which is what would have to happen if he came to stay with me “for the duration”… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

14 Likes

I never specified WHAT duration.

25 Likes

This made me laugh out loud!

13 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ooooh! Exciting! Events of Epic Proportions are perfectly legitimate reasons for delayed updates. Bummer about her DNA test not working out, but, oh well. We like her just as much. Good luck with surgery and recovery!

6 Likes

The description we used to use for the Quarter Horse Foundation lines! I had a wonderful using Quarter mare from El Paso she fit this pedigree. She had Wimpy P1 in her 5 gen papers. Plus many others I have to go pull her papers - will add.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks. I needed that today.

2 Likes

Congrats on your son’s wedding, and best of luck with the surgery! I had one of my knees put back together 15 years after messing it up, and it was such a relief when it no longer dislocated on a whim. I was waiting for arthroscopic surgery to be invented. I knew I didn’t want what was available when I first injured it.

Rebecca

4 Likes

Reminds me of back in the day when someone in this neighbourhood was all happy about buying a foundation bred horse at a sale, when it could have been bought locally an hour or so away, likely cheaper than hauling it for a day to get it home.

1 Like

“Truck out of Texas” put at least one nice baby on the ground. :wink: Three month update. Impromptu photo shoot so she’s not clean or prepped but :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

102 Likes

Still the same beautiful bone structure, but with a lot more cover on it. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Darn she is lovely!!!

3 Likes