“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

Yeah, those DHs do come in handy sometimes. But, wow, that bay filly looks like she could be Nosey’s sister!

2 Likes

Your new draft x is adorable. I love the chunky monkeys.

4 Likes

Did you do a thing? :smile:

1 Like

I understand.

Fortunately, I no longer have horses at home, so one brown horse looks like another looks like another looks like another to my DH. And he has yet to ascertain that recently I’ve had as many as four saddles. :laughing:

8 Likes

My vet had mules that he used in his hunting trip business. I told him I’d always wanted one, and he said he’d sneak one into my pasture during the night, and DH would never notice. I told him that would never work because DH took care of the horses. I think he would notice an extra mouth to feed.

On the other hand, I had a friend who had multiple horses that her husband never knew about. She boarded and he had zero interest in the horses. So she would disguise the purchase and get yet another horse. I couldn’t imagine having a marriage in which my partner didn’t have any interest in what I spent most of my time doing.

Rebecca

9 Likes

Send Henry to me! Then you’ll have room for one of these babies! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

12 Likes

I don’t think I could smuggle in an additional horse. Or mule. But he really couldn’t pick my current horse out of a herd. She’s a solid bay and there are just too many brown horses for him to tell the difference.

My neighbor, however, has purchased several high dollar western pleasure horses and her husband has no idea. She’s been able to hide it because she does all the household finances. That’s a whole 'nother level of deceit of which I am not capable!

8 Likes

Henry is actually off with a trainer friend getting adult riding time and experiences, while same friend sent me the draftie cross to get kiddo miles. We’ll reevaluate in a while to see where we are, since I’m prohibited from throwing a leg over before Thanksgiving. So according to DH, the draftie arriving was a zero-sum situation. :woman_shrugging:t4:

20 Likes

Just let him keep thinking that. Lol.

6 Likes

While I love that solution, it doesn’t help me get that other TB bay filly from Texas to your house.

Just imagine how much Nosey would love someone her own age to play with; and how relieved the Aunties would be!

6 Likes

Oh dang! That seems so far off. However, once the pumpkins start encroaching on shelf space in stores and in your home, Halloween will be here. And then it’s a fast slide into Turkey Day. So it’ll go by quickly (I hope!) :turkey:

7 Likes

There were rumors that Mitt Romney had no idea how many horses Anne Romney had. Then again, she brought quite a lot of money into the marriage…

I met her once, when they were still in Massachusetts. I was taking lessons at one of the barns where she kept her horses.

6 Likes

I’ve heard about people who’ve gotten away with that. We’ve never had so much money that I could fly under the radar!

2 Likes

There’s a nice light horse type 15.2 palomino gelding scheduled to ship next week. Carries himself well, pretty head.

https://www.bowietexaslivestock.com/product/☘️-3345-nice-quiet-palomino-gelding-☘️/

1 Like

A friend and I have been obsessing over this 13.3 hony dude. We fell in love with his eye.

https://www.bowietexaslivestock.com/product/☘️-3370-sweet-13-3hh-bay-stud☘️/

4 Likes

I want him too! Out of all of them listed right now, he is my pick.

I hope you or someone else worthy gets him, he deserves a great home.

2 Likes

My pro horse hauler sister knows a woman who specializes in training ponies and leasing them to her approved lesson programs. I sent a link to my sister, telling her to have her Pony Whisperer buy that dude.

If I weren’t in a money jam tighter than my usual money jam right now, I’d put him on a credit card in a jiffy.

Told my pal who sent him to me that if he were a mare, I’d have the trailer hooked up.

2 Likes

I am stuck with a beloved herd of living fossils, and can only practice buying more horses at the moment.

Otherwise, :joy: well, there would certainly be new horse posts.

3 Likes

How real are the slaughter dates?

This one tugs at my heart. And the one eyed filly, and the sweet (lame) older black mare…

https://www.bowietexaslivestock.com/product/☘️-3350-quiet-morgan-x-brown-mare☘️/

If I ever win the lottery…

3 Likes