“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

She looks great. Good shoulder and hip.

4 Likes

I think you have a show name there “Note to Self”.

16 Likes

I spy with my one good eye that little lady is practicing how to buck fart and I may have some competition in the future.

:racehorse::wind_face:

19 Likes

Me too! How could you not? You can feel her joy and happiness, so awesome

9 Likes

Thank you posting these updates! Made me smile.

Yes, in my part of Virginia right now, the pastures could put weight on a dead horse.

Just what the doctor ordered for your little girl.

That was a pretty good turn of foot there when she hit the afterburners.

11 Likes

I am loving all these rags to riches stories

Like having “grandponies”

16 Likes

I get so much joy from these videos posted!

Keep posting and can’t wait to follow her journey. She’s going to clean up at hunter shows.

4 Likes

Showing you her TB Chops! :star_struck:

What a change from the Bowie vid of the sad, scared baby.
You may be among COTH’s Best Rehabbers.
You win the Young Horse division. :trophy:
Sr goes to Bo’s @Heinz_57 :trophy:

23 Likes

That filly heard you talking about the Jockey Club and a DNA test and wanted to make it very clear that “my momma and daddy didn’t pull no plow!”

21 Likes

Fantastic! I love how she shows elasticity in all her joints behind. They all bend so nicely. Her movement in front looks nice, too. She is going to be a fancypants!

11 Likes

Wow, after watching that, it makes me wonder just whose offspring ended up at Bowie and is now safely ensconced in your lush pasture. I believe she’s got some fancy schmancy in her, by golly!

20 Likes

Wow, she looks like a completely different horse already!! When she kicks it up a gear down the back stretch there it just makes me think she’s feeling so happy and knows there are some extra kcals on board.

You have a stunning farm. What a lucky girl that this is her new home!

22 Likes

Oh, this makes me so happy - she is such a lovely young thing, and her future with you is so, so very bright.

She’s got some pretty good moves, huh!!

6 Likes

A friend suggested that she should be named “Elastic”.

45 Likes

She most certainly knows that she is a thoroughbred. Showing off her speed along with her fancy pretty way of going.

8 Likes

Yes we need a dorm, I think lots of us would like to move in

29 Likes

Watch me run mom! Now watch me run REALLY FAST!!

14 Likes

If you plant daisies in that field, she’ll have a bouquet for you every day.

15 Likes

wow she’s a beautiful mover! I hope you share updates over the next several months!

3 Likes

I could watch that ripple of movement thru her body all day long!

How are you getting anything done???

ETA: save these skinny photos bc they show the conformation. She’s classic old school TB.

15 Likes