“Note to Self” my (so far happy) experience buying (a yearling! 🤦🏻‍♀️) from Bowie Livestock

H-O-O-OLY COW! That does it. Between her, Henry, and that farm, I’m coming to live with you.

36 Likes

She looks fantastic! Lucky, lucky horse.

P. S. Your farm looks beautiful.

Is there a previous thread about another transformation with a different horse? It sounds like there is, but I must have missed it.

9 Likes

Oh you’re in for a treat

27 Likes

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Damn straight!

15 Likes

Interesting update, I dropped off a fecal sample today and she’s negative. One less thing to worry about and I guess they did worm her at Bowie.

49 Likes

She is simply lovely. My recent experience with dna testing is they can only find a direct match, so she would herself have to be registered. If you had an idea of who the sire and dam might be, they could test specific provided names but not a blanket search through the entire registry.

4 Likes

She’s like, “Yep, things are looking up!”.

4 Likes

Nosey is adorable! Well done!

I love these stories.

4 Likes

Compare with the trot video in the auction pen in post #1, when her life was still in the wind … it might make you cry a little, though.

This little lady is home!

6 Likes

Just for fun, the little girl is feeling a LOT better I’d say. :rofl:

146 Likes

I love Elizabeth Gilbert and Big Magic and that little girl had a wave of energy come over her when you laid your eyes upon her. YOU are her muse and she knows it. She is beautiful oh what a mover. I’m a big sucker for the rescues and have had some fabulous horses in my life. Horses thrown away. They are the best.

I got a mustang a couple years ago and oh my were we meant to find each other. He had a long list of health issues and I’ve slowly peeled them away and he is truly magic stardust and a physical piece of perfection - in my eyes anyways. And that’s all that matters.

I just think she needs a more delicate elegant name. Tina - with legs like that? :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

No question about the TB in that one.

27 Likes

The canter ain’t too shabby either.

21 Likes

the fecal may certainly require a few interval checks, to be sure, but you said they do deworm at the auction house and it is certainly something that could be called a plus

5 Likes

The Morgan registry searches the entire DNA database in cases like this. A horse that DNAs to registered parents but isn’t registered itself is eligible for registration. The cost for an older horse can be high, but they often run “specials” for rescue horses or others coming from sad circumstances, or if there is an entire herd that needs to be typed.

5 Likes

Feeling sassy!!! She is going to clean up TB hunters in a few years!

4 Likes

I laughed with joy watching that. She’s gorgeous and obviously feeling good!

4 Likes

“LOOKIT WHERE I AM !!!” :laughing: :racehorse:

Given her young age and her condition at the auction house, I wonder if she has ever before experienced a pasture like that one.

She’s losing the dirt-lot look, fast.

12 Likes

That is a such a lovely sweepy effortless trot! The canter is balanced and soft and Nosey has a fifth gear! Hello TB girl! This is the payoff @2bayboys…. when you take a leap of faith. The small beautiful expressions of gratitude and grace your horse shows you. It’s their love language. Feeling so free and safe and HOME.

30 Likes