Unlimited access >

Notifications not working and other issues since the forum was down the other day

I was wondering why COTH seemed so slow lately
with zero notifications & no new posts :laughing:
Didnā€™t even think to check in here until just now.

Doesnā€™t seem to matter if Iā€™m on my IPhone, either safari or google, or my Chromebook. No notifications are coming through for anything.
Iā€™ve cleared cookies, logged out/back in, etc as well.

Not sure if that info helps or not :smiley:

2 Likes

Another one for zero notifications of any posts or PMs. Did get one ā€˜likeā€™ notification but that is all in the last several days. macbook/chrome; iphone

1 Like

Still no on forum notifications on anything but the occasional like. Still no notifications about people posting in this thread, that I started so I should be getting notifications for it.

I use a desk top PC running Windows (no idea what version) and have tried using Chrome and Edge, I have also use a Chromebook, using Chrome. Still nothing.

3 Likes

Good morning. I am only getting ā€œlikeā€ notifications - all other notifications, such as PMs, direct responses in threads, and tag notifications are not working.

Additionally, I noticed when you are on the home page, that most recently replied threads do not always show up on the home page. When you navigate to subforums, the thread order is chronological.

Iā€™m noticing it on PC (Windows) Mozilla, and iPhone Safari.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same issue, very frustrating!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m also having the same issue. No notifications of PMs or anything else, and PMs Iā€™ve sent to others havenā€™t been opened because they arenā€™t getting notifications either.

2 Likes

Still no notifications. Still only seeing a couple of user bubbles on the threads that have lots of posts but are new since the forum was down last week.

I have a brand new PM conversation (that I started as a test to see if a new PM would give notifications) and though it has a couple of back and forths it does not show on any of my PM lists. The only place I see it is sometimes on the similar discussions list at the bottom of a PM.

So there is for sure something not working right with the forum ever since whatever had it down a week ago Thursday.

3 Likes

Having the same problem here with no notifications of new posts. I logged out, restarted my computer and checked notifications settings on my PC. All should be receiving well but Iā€™m getting nothing.

Thank you for looking into this.

2 Likes

Just discovered this issue today when I posted in a thread and one person replied and one person quoted me. I received no notifications except for likes.

Notifications appear to be working on my profile, thank goodness.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting a few but very random and nothing current; i.e. notifications of very old activity.

1 Like

Yep, me too. Got a half dozen random notifications.

1 Like

I have been getting notifications this morning too. They are actively changing as I have that pull down open.

Thank you development team for working on this and fixing it!

4 Likes

Notifications arriving en masse this morning, and still cominā€™.
Good Job COTH Geek team :-D.

5 Likes

Fantastic!

3 Likes

Indeed. Just FWIW, the email part is working again too; my inbox runneth over :-).

1 Like

Thank you Geek Team!!!

2 Likes