Unlimited access >

& Now I need to watch Heartland 😃

Actually, find a place to watch again.
My fluky TV took away the channel it used to be on.
I last saw an episode just after Amy had her baby :roll_eyes:
But, THIS makes me want to catch up

Heartland Mini-Docs Series: Combined Driving: https://youtu.be/nls1Hbo0ZlQ

ETA:
YAY!
Link took me to a free site for the show :smiley:

1 Like

Really enjoyed watching that and didn’t know there was a Youtube channel. This looks like a rabbit hole to go down fur sure.

I haven’t seen Heartland but keep running into people who have watched them all and know I need to do it. They tell me oh you need to watch this show.

Did you hear the Journey On episode with Warwick Schiller and Amber Marshall? I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thanks!
I’ll give that a listen :blush:

Hahahahaha. There is literally a NYT podcast called Rabbit Hole that traces the journey from youtube to Qanon, so you are more on the nose than you thought!

2 Likes

Heartland is a show my horsey hubby and I love to watch, but cringe at most of the horsey aspects (ridden or anything else). I love how the jumper appeared to be a wb of some sort and then magically change to a Friesian when they were driving. He was partnered up with a QH that was at least 1h shorter and they were sold to a CDE person as a perfectly matched pair (a black Friesian and dun QH with a huge size difference ha ha!).

But it was great to see combined driving mentioned and the farm was clearly a CDE grounds with bridge and water etc. That was cool to see and this is why we enjoy watching the show (and we have been watching it for 17 seasons now). We have seen Amanda at several local rodeos and the Royal Winter Fair here, which is very cool. She seems like a very kind and horsey person.

2 Likes

Amber Marshall is from my area :D. As is the actor who plays Tim (her dad). She just recently came and did the local rodeo circuit making guest appearances.

It’s such a good show. I don’t know why they can’t get the equine aspect more accurate/realistic but it’s my guilty pleasure when I just need mindless watching. Plus I love the intro song.

2 Likes

100% agree with all of your statements lol! Its our guilty pleasure as well ha ha! And my hubby and I loved the section A pony on yesterdays show. Our family used to breed A’s and they were tough little kid rides so they stopped breeding them, so we laughed a little when they said it wasn’t a kids pony at first :laughing:

And very cool that they are nearby! I’m in Ontario but Amanda comes often for the RAM Rodeo and guest appears on it as well as the Rodeo at the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto.

1 Like

I’m in Ontario too!

She is from London area (maybe you are too :slight_smile: )

“Growing up in London, Ontario, Amber trained with The Original Kids Theatre Company and attended Lester B. Pearson School for the Arts.”

My kids thought it was the coolest thing that she acted in a local kids theatre company :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m in the Newmarket area, but she has move to Alberta so I thought thats where you are from! She was talking to the crowd about her farm in AB and she moved due to the show being filmed there all the time at the Rodeo in Orangeville the other month when she was hosting it :slight_smile: But she comes to Ontario once in a while to visit family and do some promo things for the show.

In one of the later seasons, Amy trains a “zorze,” and the noises that thing makes are hilarious. The “zorze” makes some kind of grunting/barking sound that is on a loop that plays pretty much every time it’s on the screen. It’s way worse than the typical horse whinnying while jumping a huge oxer, or cutting cows, or taking a relaxing trail ride. I found it extra funny that clearly the zorze is some sort of big bodied grey QH with stripes painted on its legs :rofl:

As terrible as the show is about inserting whinnies into every moment of every scene, I love the show and it is definitely a guilty pleasure. I’m glad there is a season 17 and am looking forward to it dropping in the US.

1 Like

Why is the crupper not on the dun in the opening scene? I have no problem with not using a crupper, but if you are not going to use it, just remove it :rofl: Then you see it flip flopping through the water.

Must I explain everything? {rollseyes}?
KIDDING! :grimacing:
If you want Equine Reality, this is not the show for you.
I get itchy every time they show the stalls where the “grilles” are branches.
I imagine this could possibly be someone’s actual barn, but refuse to believe horses kept in those stalls wouldn’t destroy the branches in a nanosecond :astonished:

1 Like

It’s a real place! That barn exists! Obviously many parts are sets but the ranch is real and people live on site in a house behind the ranch house in the show.

If you Google there is history behind the barn. I don’t know if the grills are tree branches or not though :smiley:

Well, if the grilles aren’t actual branches & the BOs know anything about horses, either the stalls aren’t really used for horses, or maybe that’s some impressive & costly metalworking!

I have never seen or heard of the show.

It just surprises me when the crupper was on the Friesian and not the other. :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nothing - as related to horses - on this show should surprise you :roll_eyes:
The female lead: Amy, is played by an IRL horsewoman (Amber Marshall), but apparently she has little input re: Continuity :expressionless:
They get about 80% of the horse stuff right, but that remaining 20% can be really cringy :persevere:

1 Like