Unlimited access >

NP explained!

From his FB page, at least until he poofs it:

Nick Peronace Dressage · 239 like this
43 seconds ago · …

As I have promised I will now answer some questions I have received. I will also feature these questions and answers on my new website being built at the moment.

Q- You say you are a Grand Prix rider yet we can’t find any records of you at any show. Why?

A- When people hear" Grand Prix Rider", they assume I have a barn full of show horses that I compete every week with. This is an incorrect assumption. What I need to start saying is that I am" trained" up to Grand Prix and also Airs. A slight change of words I hope can clear up any misunderstanding. I do not compete and simply don’t like it. If anyone got the wrong idea or felt misled somehow, I apologize because that was not my intention at all.

Q- Why did you use Jentri Stables as an address on your website when you weren’t even there?

A- At the time I built that website, I had a string of horses coming in for training. I knew of Jentri Stables because I rode there many years ago as a teenager. I remembered they had multi barns for rent, so I thought about going back and starting a business. The owner of the farm gave me a lease to sign and so at that point I figured all was well and put the address down. Unfortunately, the person sending me the horses had some real financial troubles and so could not afford the training. I never signed the lease but the got the permission that if I wanted to I could rent an arena to teach lessons.
I freelance train so most of my students already have riding arenas of their own, but I still left the address based on our previous conversation. I felt it was professional of me to list an actual address, and is anyone at anytime wanted to trailer in, I could of very easily have just paid my fee to use the ring, and teach a lesson there at any time.
I’m sorry if anyone feels mislead, but I hope this clears up this misunderstanding.

Q- What makes you think you are qualified to even say you are trained up to the Grand Prix level and Airs Above Ground?

A- Because I’ve done it and have pictures and eye witnesses to prove it! If you look at the pictures of Chevy, you will see a light horse performing Piaffe, Passage and Levade. You will also see Chevy rearing up on my command. Also, I DID compete at Grand Prix, but it was a schooling show and we were the only one in the class. We didn’t get a score I’m proud of, and so I didn’t think we would be taken seriously because Chevy was an Appaloosa. That is why I never competed again with Chevy.

Q- I saw a video of you trying to Piaffe with Chevy. Can you explain what is going on there because it isn’t very flattering?

A- That video was of the very first time myself, OR Chevy attempted Piaffe. I was only 17 with no real instruction. It was video taped because in those days I would tape myself almost everyday and study it. I was literally teaching myself! I know the video looks silly. I’m thankful the end result was a light and forward moving horse that we see in the photographs. To say that the first time trying something as a kid is somehow a true representation of my riding abilities is ludicrous, and I would question the posters Prime motivation. That video was private also, not meant to be seen by the general public, but that should also shed light on questioning the persons motivation.

Q- What qualifies you as a dressage master?

A- I am NOT a DRESSAGE master! If someone wants to call me that, I can only tell them to stop! I have NEVER said I was a master!

Q- There are a lot of people who have seen you ride and don’t like it. Anything to say about that?

A- Well, not everyone is going to like everyone in this world. Not everyone is going to have the same taste in music, movies, food or riding style. I can live with that, because I myself don’t like certain well known riders. That’s my prerogative. Fortunately I am confident in my abilities and at the end of the day I don’t ride for the spectator whether they support my riding or not. I ride for the horse. When I dismount ans the horse is supple, relaxed, and showing a kind eye, I know it was a good ride!
The horse alone is the only one who can judge you.

Q- Do you hate gays?

A- No, I do not hate gays. Not that this question has anything to do with training a horse, but I will answer it because I get a lot.
If I was some kind of a Nazi gay hater, I would think I would be more proactive fighting for my cause on recent internet websites.
All I see is one comment that was made back in 2007. Today is 2014. That was 7yrs ago, and it wasn’t even me who said it! The gay website that it was posted on did a Google search for the email. My name was not signed to that email and it’s my understanding that it was even sent privately not publicly. My mistake was walking away from a computer that I was still logged into. People can choose to believe what they want to believe but I think you have to think about, that if I was really some crazed homophobe, that I would definitely be posting a lot more and I would be more proactive over the years, over the past 7 years; I would be posting a lot more wouldn’t I?

Q- Why we’re you arrested for check fraud?

A- This is another question that keeps coming up and I have to ask myself, why did people feel they had to dig into my personal life? Am I running for a public office where I expect to be scrutinized with every inch of everything I do on a daily basis, or ever have done in my entire life? What real business is it of any ones of what goes on in my personal life? I’m not going to elaborate on all the circumstances of what happened, but I want people to know that it is not what it appears to be.
I was not out shopping and bouncing all kinds of checks everywhere. This was a business transaction gone wrong. It was a civil matter that became criminal over a technicality, and the person trying to screw me over used that technicality to his advantage. In the end I had to pay on something that I didn’t owe money on, the bad guy won in this case, and when I tried to sue him syvally to retain my money I was told by the judge that because the case was already ruled on I wasn’t allowed to sue him. American justice at its best folks!
It’s important to mention that I do not have a criminal record, I was not sent to prison, and I’m waiting as we speak for all this that’s on the internet, this record of an arrest to be completely expunged.

Q- Who have you trained with?

A- I spent many years in my childhood with a few un named trainers but my real influence was Naomi Pryke who was my first instructor for 8 years, and then the 3yrs I spent as a working student for Lorenda Lende. I trained with her for my high school years and I spent my weekends and vacations, any chance I could really, there on her farm riding her school masters. She did not train me to Grand Prix, but she did offer the feeling of correct riding. My job was to soak it all in, then go home and train Chevy with that same feeling in mind. I’m extremely proud of myself for doing just that!

Q- Who trained you to do Airs?

A- Chevy did! I bought Alois book from the Spanish Riding School and experimented with what worked and what did not work day in and day out. I had to look at Dressage as a science. In doing that I was able to develop the Levade, but out of a canter not a piaffe. I used the rear as my foundation point. This might not sound classical, but I had to learn and teach Chevy for what worked for him. And he loved it! He would start bunny hoping when he knew it was time to perform lol!

Q- Why do you I think there is so much negativity about you and so much controversy surrounding you?

A- I think not competing has hurt me, and I think people making assumptions and accusations and instead of asking me the question they come up with their own answers. That only encourages more lies misunderstandings and rumors. I understand not everyone agrees with some of my techniques and that’s okay, I’m perfectly okay with that. But what I don’t like is being called a fake simply because they disagree with me or they don’t understand me. I have always been transparent and I answer any training question than anyone ever has. If you agree with my technique fantastic. But if you don’t, you gotta know that I’m not in this to make you happy I’m in this for the horse and to follow what I have known to be true. I am not all knowing, my study and philosophy is deep rooted with Nuno Oliveria, Baucher and Fillis. I also enjoy clinics, and will keep on learning till my dying day.

:rolleyes: Oh yes, just look at the AMAZING pictures of Chevy, and you will see that NP has all the qualifications to be a “grand prix” rider.

I love these threads! I cannot find NP or any of his horses in the Chronicle magazine although I’ve subscribed to it for decades. Is there some reason that the maestro has been omitted? The American horses in sport 2013 is the latest issue. I shall search it cover to cover to find out if NP is in it.

Poor Chevy! He deserved a medal for putting up with all that.

Bring back the dressage cats! And what about dressage dogs?

Hey buddy, “Lightness” =/ unsteady contact. Just so you know.

[QUOTE=Sunsets;7399788]
Hey buddy, “Lightness” =/ unsteady contact. Just so you know.[/QUOTE]

Please amplify this for me.

Contact should never be unsteady, even when the horse is light. Or are you pointing out the obvious irregular contact in several videos of a controversial rider?

Onward to #5. :smiley:

I’ve jumped 5’ and ridden a canter pirouette, both on purpose…so I by his standards I suppose that makes me a Grand Prix jumper AND Grand Prix dressage rider. That’s so neat.

Someone MUST have helped proofread! I would file that firmly under the “English” category. But even that person seems to come from the NP school of grammar. In the same paragraph “civil” is spelled correctly and then spelled “syvally.” Wow, just wow!

There is also an astounding lack of self clarity. Why are people so CONFUSED… um… because NP publicly stated a plethora of things that were untrue. His failure to come to grips with that basic fact seems to be the disconnect.

I do think it’s good that he’s finally posted “his side” of these issues, which he was asked to explain weeks and weeks ago. He keeps on stirring the pot, and we keep on taking the bait and discussing him. Maybe this will lay it to rest. Unless he enjoys the negative attention?

I hope the mods close this thread.

Hasn’t there been enough bashing? Whether you think NP is a fraud or not, I think it’s time to let him make his own reputation and everyone else to get on with their lives and go ride their horses.

Well OK then…:rolleyes:

wackamole :lol:

“I tried to sue him syvally…”

His spelling was better this time – until that gem. Oh, and “mislead” when “misled” was meant.

I know very few GP riders with a “barn full” of upper level horses. The big names will, for sure, but many who’ve made it to GP did it with one or two horses, have their USDF Gold Medal to show for it.

Self-taught airs and GP movements? Trying to monkey-see-monkey-do from “Alois book” does NOT make one a Haute Ecole trainer. Irritating a poor, kindly long-backed Appaloosa into performing parodies of circus training – also not a qualification.

If Nick is serious about his lifelong learning (one thing I could applaud him for, if I thought he was truthin’), he’d attend some clinics himself.

I hear a Mod a’comin! She’s comin down on the thread! Toot!Toot! :uhoh::uhoh:

I think the reason people question the idea of Grand Prix level, as a rider or just trained up to, is that you don’t routinely show a position that would be adequate for GP level movements. I am at Training Level and can do some higher level movements but my seat is that of a TL rider; I know it and am working hard to improve that seat but I am not going to say I am trained to a level just because I know the associated terms and can somewhat haphazardly get my horse to imitate the movements.

Upper level movements however, such as the GP, are going to require a much steadier seat, hand and leg in order to even be trained to that level. The video of the piaffe on the 20 yr old mare showed a horse with a hollowed back, no engagement from behind and your hands way too low to be that of someone trained to the GP level. There is also concern that a horse of that age would not have the muscling required to perform such a movement which pulls into question your judgement/reasoning for trying such a highly collected movement for a horse that is clearly not strong enough to do that movement.

While my own trainer has never shown in the US, or in the last 10 years that I have known him (prior to my training with him), he is trained to and properly executes GP level movements. My horse is not an upper level horse at the moment; my trainer would never ask him to do such a collected movement when he is clearly not ready. It invites injury at worst and possibly an agitated and unwilling horse in the short term.

His stories are starting to sound more believable. Not saying they are real, just sound much better.

So, he read the ONE book?

Typical narcissist/ with delusions of grandeur…backtrack, regroup, mollify the friends family and supporters, and continue on with more excuses.

1 Like

enough already- let it go

I hope that if NP wants to actually be a trainer he honestly seeks out the help of real professionals so he can better teach those he is teaching. Maybe some of these posts will make him open his eyes enough that he learns something from them.

[QUOTE=trubandloki;7399944]
I hope that if NP wants to actually be a trainer he honestly seeks out the help of real professionals so he can better teach those he is teaching. Maybe some of these posts will make him open his eyes enough that he learns something from them.[/QUOTE]

He would actually have to accept that he’s not a Grand Prix trainer in order to ask for and accept help.

As it stands, he believes that he knows more than the rest of us, even those of us who have credentials through Grand Prix. He’s too egotistical and delusional to realize that he is, at best, a mediocre rider who has no business teaching anyone.

Nick speaks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr-90FnIKyM

There used to be a comment on the video, but he deleted it.

Something else I found the other day… He still seems to be using the same logo.