Unlimited access >

NRPS How do you register these horses???

So I have a horse that is registered NRPS- which is a Dutch riding pony, even though he isn’t a pony.

USDF has no idea what his breed is and doesn’t recognize it, he is a dutch riding pony but KWPN wont accept him in the awards program. Does any body know what who will even accept these breeds in the awards program or do they just be left doormat to receive nothing? he is ranked 15th nationally for USDF in training but it sounds like he cannot receive an award because they don’t know the breed?

In Holland the studbook is well known and very much recognized by the KWPN studbook. The NRPS registers ponies and horses.

Maybe you can send an e-mail: http://www.nrps.nl/

Elles - the OP’s pony is already registered with NRPS. The issue is that there is not a counterpart U.S. organization, so no awards program for NRPS ponies or horses.

OP - I don’t know if the North American Sport Pony Registry is still operational, but if so, you might want to contact them and see if they can help you.

Also - USDF doesn’t care what breed the horse is for awards, except for the All Breeds Awards program. And since there is not a NRPS branch in the U.S., NRPS obviously isn’t a participating organization in the USDF All Breeds Awards program. But your horse can still be in the running for Dressage Horse of the Year.

In Holland lots of NRPS bred horses are registered with the KWPN.

[QUOTE=Elles;8880003]
In Holland lots of NRPS bred horses are registered with the KWPN.[/QUOTE]

Elles - it doesn’t matter how things are handled in Holland. The OP is in the U.S. She apparently wants to enroll the horse in the USDF All Breed Awards program, however NRPS is not a participating organization in that program (because NRPS doesn’t have a presence here). And KWPN has told the OP they do not recognize NRPS horses for awards via KWPN, so that avenue is closed to her also.

I think her best bet is to contact North American Sport Pony registry and see if she can get something set up that way. The awards year has closed out for the 2016 USDF All Breed Awards program, but she may be able to get the horse declared for 2017. (Although she says he isn’t actually a pony, and I don’t know what the NASPR rules are in that regard.)