Unlimited access >

NRPS Registration to KWPN?

There are some long-dormant topics on this but nothing current nor actionable right now…so I thought I’d put it out to COTH hive mind of today to see if there have been any movement on this since the last post in 2020.

I have an imported gelding who, despite both sire and dam being KWPN registered, was registered with the NRPS, not KWPN. There is no US-based NRPS society and KWPN-NA does not recognize NRPS registration even with papers/passport. Has anyone solved this riddle and effectively registered their NRPS horse with a US-based society that is recognized for Year End/Breed Awards with USDF? Is there a way to transfer Dutch NRPS registration to Dutch KWPN registration and then have that verified by KWPN-NA? Or am I SOL? Thank you!

I don’t believe any of the major registries will register a horse registered in a different registry.

There are options with most registries to have a mare inspected/approved so her foal can get papers from that registry.

There aren’t a huge amount of opportunities for geldings in most of the warmblood registries. (KWPN they can be presented for certain predicates—ster, prok, sport.)

What you CAN do, if you’re looking for things like year end awards, is contact USDF and see if you can get NRPS to do a year end award with them. Not sure how it would work with a registry with no American counterpart.

Dutchmare433 is correct. A horse cannot be registered with two studbooks that are members of the WBFSH https://wbfsh.com/downloads/wbfsh-members-list.pdf

If you are interested in All Breeds Awards, you could register him with the American Warmblood Society. They sponsor a year end award and do not care what kind of papers your horse has.

3 Likes