Unlimited access >

NY Times Piece on Female Jockey

Complete with pictures.

Gift link:

6 Likes

Katie Davis McCarthy is excellent, both as a rider and a person.

3 Likes

I LOVE Katie Davis! She always has SUCH a big smile on her face. I got to watch her win (live, on television) JUST AFTER they did a feature on her family. In the race immediately after the feature, Katie Davis finished first, her brother Dylan Davis second, her husband Trevor McCarthy third, and her sister Jacqueline (Jackie) Davis fourth. What a Superfecta!

In the link I’ve posted below, the feature starts about 30:20, and THAT race (the second) is after it. The race starts slightly after 48:15 (I like listening to the comments a few seconds before it starts) and around 51:00 the commentators mention the Family-Superfecta. At 55:35, Katie is interviewed about the race.

Saratoga Live (youtube.com)

And her sister Jackie had a great moment on Fourstardave Day 2022, Race 5. She won on a longshot, # 7 Vallelujah, riding for her father, the trainer. The celebration after the race became, I believe, #3 on their Top Ten Racing Moments of the year. (And Katie is there, too, holding her daughter.) I LOVE the sound of the group during the final stretch of the race. The race starts around 2:46:30.

Saratoga Live - 2022 Fourstardave Day (youtube.com)

9 Likes