Unlimited access >

OBS March 2-Year- Olds in Training Sale on Now

https://obssales.com/catalog/#/135;size=853

1 Like

Day 1 is over. Tomorrow’s sale starts at 11am EDT.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Forgot about this sale.

1 Like

I only caught the tail end of it today. There were some nice horses.

HIP NO.17, sold for $450,000. Is his walk video an example of the type of walk buyers are looking for? Thanks!

Interesting— the session topper, colt by Tapit o/o Distorted Music, galloped instead of breezing in the under tack show.

1 Like

Interesting in a good way, I think. Apparently there is some feeling that asking youngsters for 1/8th in 10-11 seconds just to get them sold is not a “breeze” and not necessarily in the youngster’s best interest. Thank you MR.

1 Like

Interesting article:

1 Like

He was part of the Lothenbach dispersal, and apparently all of those horses galloped instead of having timed works. Until Lothenbach died unexpectedly late last fall, his young horses were on a program heading for the racetrack instead of being prepped for the 2yo sales.

5 Likes

New sales topper:

3 Likes

always loved Win Win Win. Beautiful horse, beautiful mover. Very classy.

I went to this sale unexpectedly, it was an amazing experience. I had to go to the tack shop down the street and when I saw all the cars, I knew I had to stop. Seeing these horses up close and in person was wonderful.

I wonder though, do you have to register in advance to bid? While I was there I saw horses go for over half a million, but I also saw one very handsome colt go for only a thousand. I’m not -really- in the market but, you know…

3 Likes

My experience is with the sales companies in KY, and not FL, but the process is probably similar. Here, you do have to register to bid (and be approved). If you bid without registering, you will (usually) be forgiven if you go straight to the office after the horse leaves the ring and pay in cash.

3 Likes