Unlimited access >

OBS March 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale

There are some nice horses in the catalog. @EventerAJ will you be attending?

Of course! I may not be there all day every day, but I have to do my “research” for the future. :slight_smile:

If anyone has requests of horses to view & pics, just let me know.

I’ve been going through the available walking videos in the catalog, haven’t gone back to start on the pedigrees yet, though there are some nice ones already (Madaglia d’Oro x Dayatthespa)

There are a couple so far that look like they would make fantastic sport horses/field hunters. A Prontonico colt o/o a Rock Hard Ten mare. Gorgeous! One of two really nice ones by Prontonico. There are some very nice horses in the sale.

Do you think the quality of the horses in this sale has improved over the years?

The March sale has always been OBS’s showcase sale, kind of like Fasig July, and tends to be higher quality (or at least the most precocious). It does compete with the Fasig sale at Gulfstream for the best horses, so many will go to Miami instead.

The April sale is bigger and has a wider range, top level that weren’t ready for March, and lower level trying to get noticed. The June sale is mostly “leftovers” that weren’t ready for March or April, plus older horses of racing age.

1 Like

A colt we bred (and sold as a yearling) is hip #12.

1 Like

I thought the Dam’s name was familiar and looked on equibase because of it, however Oh So Bella’s 2019 and 2020 foals were unnamed and the breeder was not listed. I thought you might have sold her.

He’s lovely!.You’ll have to start keeping them until they’re two!

This colt is the mare’s 2020 “foal”. He’s unnamed because he hasn’t yet reached his racing home. The mare wasn’t sold and equibase lists us as breeders of all her foals.

I must have been looking at the wrong information, or interpreting it incorrectly.
That’s a very handsome colt! Well done you (and Oh So Bella.)

1 Like

lovely!

1 Like

I am drooling over hip 82. just send him to me. I promise he will have endless apple snacks and a great home … sigh …one can dream.

Hip 348 by Mor Spirit out of Chapellerie (IRE) (Acclimation) out of a Danehill mare.
The other Mor Spirit’s in the sale seem more like Mor Spirit; who was a bit more refined and not a lot of bone. But this filly has substance and is a beautiful mover. Interesting European female line to cross on Mor Spirit.

Was about to PM WMW so she could see this Munnings filly. :slightly_frowning_face: WMW was a fan of flash. She would have loved this one.

9 Likes

wow! what a stunning filly.

1 Like

I was just able to see 82’s breeze from this morning. Yup, that one can come live here. Wow!!!

Where are you guys finding the videos, etc.? A friend of mine has a few in the sale, but I’m not sure how to find them since they don’t have names yet.

https://www.obssales.com/marpreview/2022/

Index with all of the horses in the sale.

Thanks!!

That’s the one whose breeze I keep watching over and over, he basically glides over the ground. :grinning:

2 Likes

In good time as well!

I hope he comes out of the breeze in great shape and sells well for his current owners. :slight_smile:

1 Like