Unlimited access >

Official FEI merchandise

just came out of the FEI superstore. Beautiful under armour long sleeve tops and active apparel. Yes, a bit steep in price but actual active apparel.

They did not order any for women. No under armour. At all. The only active apparel I spotted were Nike golf shirts.

Disappointed to see this. Especially when this is an Olympic sport that should pride itself on equality and men/women competing together.

Sounds like my office lol

Retail business (as far as I know) wouldn’t really care about whether men and women compete together as a reason to buy/sell women’s apparel. Instead, they would care about the demographics of who would buy their customized inventory, imprinted with a specific event and year. In the US, and notably in dressage, the majority of spectators and participants are women. Too bad they didn’t order any tops for women…that’s who their market is !

3 Likes

My point exactly. I would estimate 80% females attending over the 4 days I was there. Disappointed that their merchandizing people absolutely missed the mark. And I wasn’t the only one who felt that way.

1 Like

I have to agree. I so wanted to buy a WEG jacket as a memento or perhaps a shirt. But almost none of the stuff was cut for a woman. I’m fairly small, so “straight” jackets and shirts don’t look good on me. Oh well

1 Like

Four years ago, they had a ton of lovely FEI merchandise on display and nothing for sale. You had to order it online - they had a few iPads set up - and then pay through the nose for shipping. Huge wasted opportunity.

Sizing is way off on some of the things. Two of the same items in the “same size” were different sizes. Plus the woman’s items were more junior sized. I got a t-shirt marked XL but I normally wear a small.