Unlimited access >

Ogilvy?

My gelding has a real sensitive back, and I haven’t had much success with traditional half pads. I have one that works okay for him, but for some reason it tips my saddle in an odd way and puts me in a bad position while riding. It’s really fluffy in the back, so I think that has something to do with it. Anyways, I’ve heard so many good things about the Ogilvy half pads, but I’m a little hesitant. This is solely for the fact that I show in the hunters. If I’m going to be spending over $200 for a pad I definitely want to customize it. If I were to do this, I would definitely go with the traditional white with subtle blue trimming and monogram. I personally like to keep it traditional anyways, but I’m wondering if that type of personalization would be acceptable in the hunter ring at rated shows.

The Ogilvy hunt pads (usually, they are making a new design) are usually not very visible under the saddle. Therefore, you really don’t need the customization because you can’t see it. If you are getting a pad that you can see customization, I wouldn’t show with it in the hunters.