Oh my aching hands

My beastie decided to be a bit of a brute at show on the weekend and now my poor arthritic hands are paying for it.

Did a bit change after our first class (started in a low ported myler and switched to a myler with a medium port). Bit change helped but still acting super strong and leaning without going anywhere lol. He’s a tricky boy to bit as anything too strong makes him jump horrible and takes away too much pace.

What are your favourite tricks, topicals, voodoo magic for sore hands? We have another show this weekend and I don’t know if my hands will be fully functional by then. May have to pull out my rein-bow loops out of the tack trunk (I show jumper, so thankfully they are allowed).

Pelham with port if necessary and converters and a tighter curb chain. Converters gets more curb action without you having to fuss with the second rein.

I’ve not used them, but have you scoped out Back on Track gloves?

The loop reins wold be great for you.

See if you can get infrared treatments. We have a spot laser called Microlight which is in the infrared wavelength and both my husband and I (he is a distance runner) have various joint problems that we manage with it.

Massage!

Seriously, massage is my new love. It makes everything feel better. Won’t fix the underlying problem but IME helps with the soft tissue stuff around.

Topical Voltaren gel, which is a prescription. Ice or heat, whichever works best for you. Motrin several times a day, for a few days to take out inflammation. Do feel better!!

Alice Reins

Hi new to the forum and haven’t found my way around yet so hello to everyone! :slight_smile: I own Alice Reins in the UK and have helped riders with arthritis, limb deficiencies, stroke, carpal tunnel etc. Don’t know if i’m allowed to post a link so please email me if I can help you :slight_smile: