Unlimited access >

Oh no, I've fallen in love with my OTTB project (New mare update, post 64!)

Thank you. I could not tell.

This thread is literally why I canā€™t buy horses to flip. Ahh OP I donā€™t envy you but keep him!!!

7 Likes

You do know that the real purpose in life is to own a nice horse - not for someone else to own your nice horse. Right? I did convince myself of this ASAP. So yes my answer is that I have had some wonderful horses. I cherish each of them. They enriched mine and my childrenā€™s educations.

13 Likes

Holy cow that is a spectacular animal.

3 Likes

As I mentioned, on our jumping days, we try to keep flatwork sessions on the shorter side, so today, we did some really super trot work on a 15-meter circle and decided to build on our grid from the other day since he really seemed to feel comfortable with that. Added a bounce to a one-stride and made the middle element a vertical. He did not miss a beat!

We have access to some trails and a nice big grass track across the way thatā€™s quite steep, so yesterday, we walked and trotted over there for about 20 minutes. Gotta get that hind end rocking and rolling, and then heā€™s just going to be so, so easy.

16 Likes

He is absolutely lovely with the kind, soft eye Iā€™m a sucker for

2 Likes

He just gets better every day. Building on our grid work, we trotted into a line today and decided to see what he thought of making it out. Reader, Iā€™ll let you be the judge:

(Itā€™s worth mentioning, as well, that it shouldā€™ve been a six, not a five. I donā€™t think weā€™ll have an issue with step. :flushed:)

23 Likes

Looks to me like he already has an eye. He had to go wide a bit but nailed it.

6 Likes

He looks great! At this stage of training, I love letting them pick their own spacing and build confidence :wink: If he likes 5 right now, great!

5 Likes

I fell in love with my OTTB project horse. I bought her to train up and resell. So that was 17 years ago. I have her priced to sell at $1 billion :wink:

18 Likes

Well, he hasnā€™t got any talent or inclination for the division. Terrible. Youā€™ll just have to send him to me.

:wink:

He looks like he has a lovely mind and an inclination to good problem solving skills- my favorite traits in a horse!

6 Likes

Exactly, we can learn to manage that step later as he gets stronger. I love that when he does make a mistake, he never makes the same one twice. Like @Renn_aissance said, good problem-solving skills are really a nice trait.

Oh, and because I am a total sucker, there is new OTTB heading my way from Presque Isle today. :zipper_mouth_face: :upside_down_face: Now, this one will be for sale for sure.

7 Likes

Yeah, yeah, we all know how THATā€™S gonna go :wink:

Your current guy looks like a total gem!

8 Likes

Weā€™ll seeā€¦ :rofl:

5 Likes

Whyā€™s it gotta have a cute face? :laughing: This one is a 7-year-old Macho Uno mare, Medaglia dā€™Oro on the dam side.

24 Likes

Ha! Cute face with a sweet expression and looks like heā€™ll be fancy, too!

If you build them (stalls), they will comeā€¦ :rofl:

I love Medaglia dā€™Oros.

7 Likes

:heart_eyes:!

Itā€™s a mare. :wink:

Sheā€™s a looker!

2 Likes

Details, detailsā€¦, :grin:

1 Like

:grin: :+1: