OK, so what IS Option B, C or D?

Just back from my OS, for a shot of cortisone & check on a mild sprain (no. 3 in 4 months:eek:.)

Got the “cortisone will soften your cartilage eventually, if you were 85 with bad arthritis, I wouldn’t worry about it, but…”

So what else is there? “Well there’s Synvisc, but that doesn’t seem to work all that well…”

OK, so tell me what options I have. I’m not 85, I’m 40. I have about 40 more years of this sh!t, so tell me what else I can do.

Pain killers have their own set of risks. I’ve already had surgery. I keep instant ice packs in my car; on average I ice the foot DAILY. Wearing a brace daily causes its own set of problems (i.e. Pain). I’ve worn out one liner in a walking boot already.

I’ve lost 10 lbs, working on the next 20. That’s not going to happen if I’m stuck on the couch.

Really Doc, tell me what other options do I have?

I think I need another counseling session with Ben & Jerry tonight.:sigh:

I don’t know…I’m right there with you only coming up on 60 but way too early for the rocking chair.

I had surgery on my peroneal tendons and the posterior tibial tendon on my right foot 2 years ago. Not the best results mechanically. The pain from the tears is gone but replaced with lots of tightness and adhesions.

While doing PT for the foot, my hip on the same side went south…maybe some of the limping is the hip? That continued to deteriorate. Check…had that replaced in February.

Last August, the left foot started hurting in the exact same spot where the right foot had tears…only there was no trauma? I suspected tendonitis and that would go away…um no. It didn’t hurt at all for the first 2 weeks post-op for the hip. Then I started doing some lateral exercises for hip PT…boo, hiss. Pain back with a vengeance then I slightly turned my ankle when out walking…like you are supposed to do for hip rehab.

At least the hip is doing well but damn, when your feet don’t work…:grief:

I don’t know what the answer is…the docs don’t seem to have one either. All I can do is commiserate…you are not alone.

Susan

I sucked it up and paid the tolls so I could drive home by myself, no slugs. Cried almost the whole way. I feel better now. :slight_smile: