Unlimited access >

Okay, who forgot to order dry weather?

The temp I can handle, but who ordered this rain? :eek:

I think it is my fault, I apologize. EVERY SINGLE TIME my husband and I go away together, it rains or the weather is in some way awful. Apart, and it’s beautiful.

He decided to come with my mother and I at the last minute. sigh We’ll be there for the dressage freestyle and the xc.

It s not all bad
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-france/basse-normandie/regi25

I see rain on Monday. Why do you think Normandie is so green???

It’s the northern coast of France - whatdya expect ?

I know I know, I 100% know better, but the weather has been pretty good most of the summer and I was of course lulled into a false sense of security - now it is merde :lol:

It’s 55 in Deauville right now. Yes, one passport is Dutch but the US one clearly says “From The OC and does not ‘do’ rain.” CdG was lovely, but about 20 minutes past Paris it began pissing down and my driver said “Mrs Coreene the weather is rain.” And then some. And then some more.

Fingers crossed for a dry Opening Ceremony tomorrow! :yes:

I just this morning found something I actually Like on my win 8 computer! It is the weather app. I hit weather, and see local, and humidity, a big deal here. Then when I move the view I get the country, and then, was able to see France. It looked like it was raining. :yes:

but it looks good for tomorrow… sun and clouds,still a bit cool, but better than the 100ºF of CA!

I hope you understand that in Normandie you have to do the Sundance every morning

Ah, Coreene, the rain feels almost nice since we haven’t seen any in so long. Sun dance done for tonight though.

Hugo, ik weet het, heb ik al gedaan :wink:

It’s 57 in Deauvlle at 9:40, but at 1:30 this morning it was only 44. HelLO, for people like Release First and I that makes it the Winter Olympics :lol:

Lots and lots of people riding on the beach in Deauville, which makes me miss my pony, but weather etc notwithstanding, I can’t think of any better place to be. Thrilled to see the Opening Ceremonies tonight, it is going to be quite a show, and I think the Games Village tomorrow afternoon.

Release First, Frankenknee took his longest walk yet yesterday from gate to customs to baggage claim etc - and today hardly a whimper from him! :smiley:

welllllllll I am a bit jealous

didn’t know you were going

we all expect a wonderful report filled with observations on life and the occasional horse

As I can see… beautiful weather for the Opening Ceremonies… Enjoy!

Each country is led into the stadium by riders on big Percherons!!

But where did all this water come from <lol>

http://goo.gl/uYqRh6

That was beautiful!! I love Lorenzo!!

I think Norman drafts, not percherons. Somebody told me that.

[QUOTE=BabyGreen;7728288]
I think Norman drafts, not percherons. Somebody told me that.[/QUOTE]

The drafts that came in first were not nearly as heavy as the grays carrying the flags. I think the flag horses were Percherons.

Coreene, how did the knew do last night. It took us 3 hours to get in and about 1 1/2 hours to get out, then the stairs up and down. I thought of you often. It was all worth the amazing show however.

The flag bearers horses were def. Percherons. And the one with the little girl was also a big teddy bear of a Percheron!

The ones in the chess game? not so sure. I never heard and I ask a French equestrian journalist I am friends with on FB, but he did not reply (although he posted numerous videos during the show!)