Unlimited access >

Oldenburg Registration - Worth It?

Hi all. As someone who has only owned TBs, I am new to the world of warmblood registries. I have recently purchased a super sweet mare who is eligible to be inspected and registered with the OLD registry. My question/concern is if it will be worth it for her. While she is super sweet and a cute mover, she toes out some on her front right and is a bit cow hocked. I don’t plan to ever breed her, would be registering her just to add value if I ever resell. I guess I am wondering if she’d even get approved with these conformation defects? Anyone have thoughts/experiences they can share?

Also please excuse me if any of my terminology isn’t spot on, like I said, I am new to this and all these registries are confusing!

I firmly believe it is always a good thing to get breed papers for any horse that is eligible. If you have concerns about her conformation, how about contacting the OLD Registry and asking them for advice and ideas. Straight from the horse’s mouth.

5 Likes

I vote no. OLD NA is a money grab, I personally am done with that registry.

2 Likes

Like Willesdon said, if you can get registration, that’s worth something - proof of pedigree

By OLD do you mean Old NA? Or do you mean GOV? It doesn’t matter either way, registration is registration.

You don’t have to seek breeding approval, and in your case, I wouldn’t bother.

1 Like