Unlimited access >

Older Stubben model with narrow tree?

I’ve been in search of a narrow older Stubben dressage saddle - Tristian, Parzival, Romanus - but the narrowest I’ve seen in the past several months has been a 30. Do these models just not exist in narrower tree sizes? I know the Stubben Genesis Special has many of the features of the older dressage models, but those are also very difficult to find used in a narrow tree. For those that like the older Stubbens, are there other brands/models you like that may be a bit easier to find?

I’m far from an expert, but the 31 Roxane I have that was made in the 2000s is significant wider than the 31 Scandica that was made in the 1980s so it’s possible that the process changed at some point.

How narrow are you looking for?
Have you seen this?

2 Likes

That’s helpful- I currently have a Roxane (2000s like yours) that fits and is a 28.

Yes- they have some great resources on the stubben site. I have been working with a stubben fitter and need a 27

1 Like

I am looking for a used Stubben too (new are very expensive and take several months to arrive). I have just discovered Pelham Saddlery in New Hampshire. They have a really extensive list of used saddles, including lots of Stubben models older and more recent. Several are narrow. I am looking for medium wide myself and they have several that interest me. Good luck!
https://www.pelhamsaddlery.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PS&Offset=0&Sort_By=disp_order&Category_Code=stubbensaddle

1 Like