Unlimited access >

Olympic Show Jumping Thread

Off they go!
:horse::crossed_fingers::truck::airplane::us:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4496733120360288&id=547626845270955&ref=m_notif&notif_t=close_friend_activity

1 Like

I agree! My assumption was that because the names were listed in alphabetical order, they assumed he was the alternate because his name was last. Especially since they listed the names in the exact same order as USEF.

The horses have arrived in Tokyo.

And the riders are on their way.

Hmm. I hope the links work.

They work for me (I can see the photos) and I’m not a facebook member. :slightly_smiling_face:

Any word about who will be riding?

Not that I know of, but they don’t show until next week, so they’ve still got some time to see which horses seem to be coping the best with the venue and the weather.

On top of the usual eight million variables involving horses. Lol.

McLain is the alternate. Jessica, Laura and Kent are doing the individual which goes first. McLain will be used for the team competition.

Where’d you see that?

If McLain is riding in the team competition he’s not the alternate.

2 Likes

He is the alternate for the individual and will show in the team competition. You are allowed to use any 3 of the 4 riders for the team competition.

2 Likes

Again, where have you seen this? The only lists I’ve seen have been in alphabetical order with no mention of anyone being the alternate.

3 Likes

Yes we know that they will pick 3 of the 4 riders to compete in the team competition. Where did you get your information because no one else has seen anything official indicating who the alternate will be. And considering that SJ doesn’t start until next week I wouldn’t expect that decision to have been made this far in advance.

5 Likes

This article makes it sound like Jessica will definitely be competing, but since they didn’t even manage to spell her last name correctly at first, I’m not sure how much credibility they have. And that’s a pretty famous name to misspell!

Still, it’s always nice to see the sport featured in regular media.

1 Like

Hmm. Vogue. Still, it does make you wonder.

This was the headline for the first three hours after the story was posted. Once I tweeted at the person who wrote the article, it was corrected lickety-split. Coincidence? Lol.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

WHOever

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll leave the mistake uncorrected so your post will make sense.

https://www.worldofshowjumping.com/Olympic-Games/A-guide-to-Tokyo-a-walk-through-the-new-jumping-format.html?fbclid=IwAR3Lc_VVZ32myUY5ljS3AP1VxedBQGBjq6GMLB7KivNT28NquQO7vHXqvQ4

1 Like

Look at the Chronicle article about all US horses passing first jog and it says McLain is travelling reserve :grinning:

1 Like

Question… I see some of the show jumpers presenting horses with lunge lines and/or chains. I’ve only ever seen horses presented in bridle with reins in Eventing and dressage from what I’ve seen. Any particular reason for this?

Edit to add no judgement, just curious! Horses can get a bit too excited during jogs.