Olympics Cross Country - are chairs allowed?

I’m going to Paris for the Olympics. Does anyone know super small, compact folding chairs were allowed at previous Olympics?

I’m referring to the small camping chairs that’s only a small seat, no back or arms.

I have not seen anything one way or the other about chairs. I would think potentially you’d have no trouble with those walking canes that fold out to a seat. Small, non-powered mobility devices seem to be okay.

I would say that if you don’t find out for sure before you go to XC, take them, and then be prepared to abandon them if they aren’t allowed.

Just in case you don’t find out for sure that you can’t have them, until after you are in the gates, and past whatever in/out procedures that would make it hard to take them back to wherever you are parked, or got off the bus.

With luck you get to keep them with you.

Each of those is a clickable link. Enjoy your trip!!

1 Like

check out Tilly Berendts guide to Paris on her instagram and I think she has a new website, she has a lot of info on the ins and outs!

1 Like

Not sure if the Olympics are consistent from year to year, but in Rio you could have definitely taken them. We also walked XC with the teams - which was super cool of course. Not sure if it’ll be locked down in Paris.

See you there!!

2 Likes

This link should take you to the page showing prohibited and allowed items for eventing.

Paris2024-Spectator-Guide-EN-Equestrian-Eventing-VER-OLY.pdf