OMG I cantered / I love this horse thread

So I thought people on this forum would understand… cantering a circle doesn’t seem huge at all when you don’t have physical issues, but for me it’s huge!

Anyone else have an "I love my/“my” horse moment?

Good on You!!! Congratulations!

Good for you! I don’t have physical issues unless you count my assymetrical body stance physical… I can relate to those moments and yes they are to be savored! Baby steps are my motto :-). Keep on riding and enjoying your horse!

A wonderful accomplishment! I have volunteered for years at my BO’s therapy program and know how hard it can be getting on and off when your muscles are tight, let alone following a big canter. Congratulations, and I hope you are on the road to lots more cantering!

I have bursitis in my hips, which makes it hard to keep riding. I bought a lovely horse a year ago, and between his being green and my soreness, I have rarely ridden him more than once a week. This makes it hard to canter, because my canter muscles are weak, despite ding Pilates and having a relatively strong core. Yesterday I cantered all the way around the dressage arena in both directions. That’s doesn’t sound like a lot of cantering, but it was a real accomplishment for me.

Congratulations on your persistence, and may this be the start of many successful canter laps! Take it slow, though. It takes time to build strength.:slight_smile: