Unlimited access >

Omnibus (US) - where is the info?

I’m trying to find info on an event with an opening date of April 30th. The omnibus currently only has the dates and levels offered. Should I be looking somewhere else for all the normal omnibus info?

I do not know what is going on.

The listing is SUPPOSED to include the names of the officials, the directions, thecontact phone numbers, the dressage tests used, entty fees, etc.

A lot of them DO have all of that information, but some of them just have the dates and levels.

You could ask USEA what is going on.

1 Like

I’ve noticed most events don’t have their full info available until the opening date. Not sure why that’s the case, but it’s been my experience.

hmm that is strange. Normally, Ive had luck clicking on my state in the page where the whole year is listed.Then it gives me Jan-Dec. Maybe use a different browser just to be sure its their issues, then I would write them.

In Area II I see events with opening date 4/16 have info, with OD 4/23 does not.

Thanks everyone!

It would be very helpful if there was a date - in advance of opening date - by which the omnibus listing needed to be completed with information such as proposed schedule/officials/etc. so that people can make the plans they need to make to take time off work, etc. It would also be great…but might be wishful thinking…as to set a date after which the schedule doesn’t change…even if it’s like 7 days out. I know the listings always say schedules are tentative based on entries, etc. etc. - but there comes a point at which you really have to make travel plans, cancel/change hotels, etc. In the past year more than once we’ve run into the schedule changing 2-3 days out from the event…or finding that the schedule has changed when the ride times are posted!

2 Likes

It was lovely when I was doing BN and it was supposed to run on Sat and Sun, then maybe a week prior they announced dressage would be on Friday. :rage: Definitely they should not be allowed to change the schedule whenever they feel like it.

I have to request days off up to 2 months in advance (my last job it was months in advance) so having info 5 weeks before opening day would be nice. At least having the fees and stabling info published would help. (Yes, I already look at last years’ events to have some idea what the fees were and if stabling is onsite–but that can change.)

2 Likes

The USEA posts each event and the opening/closing date info. The full omnibus listing has to be submitted by the event organizer. There are deadlines and we try to post everything as early as we can, but sometimes we get busy or have trouble filling official roles so wait until we have all the info to post. So if you see some full listings and some incomplete, that is why.