One Step Forward, How Many Back?

I have suffered from L5/S1 nerve pain since 8/27/09 resulting from an accident. After tons of treatment, last week I began to improve. By Saturday I was almost without pain, it was amazing. Of course I was anxious to take my horse out. My riding buddy went too-our first ride together in 3 months or more! Beaut day. I totally forgot about my issue. Too long of a ride-Short story, here it is 3 days out now and I’m back to the drawing board with out of my mind pain. Damn! I know that many of you have done this, I’ve done this before with my chronic arm pain. I feel like a big dummy, should have set a very short time limit for the ride, couldawouldashoulda, maybe shouldn’t even have ridden-that’s it, should have waited till I had a few weeks of semi normalcy under my belt before even thinking of getting on. Grrrr.

I’m sorry that the pain is back, what a bummer.

I injured the nerves in my arms years ago (think carpal tunnel in the shoulders) and the biggest challenge for me was learning how to understand my body again. Our bodies can be so good at telling us when we’re pushing too hard, but sometimes it takes awhile to notice it (until they scream at you in pain!)

Good luck with the recovery!