Unlimited access >

Online Auctions - Does anyone have experience with them?

Sorry if this has been asked before, scrolled through and couldn’t find much on this.
Who has experience with online horse auctions? i.e YouHorse auctions (run by the Waldmans).
It seems to have been a very successful way to sell horses, especially during travel restrictions. But is it successful when you are on the buying end?
My immediate thoughts were that it might be a good way to buy a quality youngster for a cheaper price. Then I thought maybe the bids end up getting ridiculously high? Another thought is that you are buying based off of video/pictures. Do they allow you to vet check before confirming purchase? I have more thoughts and questions but I will save them.
Anyone with experience, I would love to know your story!

I have not purchased a horse through the online auction you mentioned. I have with success purchased horses through Other European auctions

Our barn owner bought from an online auction. They watched videos, stalked FB accounts and thought the horse was what they wanted. She’s a beautiful horse in the winter. She has a horrible case of sweet itch in the summer, a suspected case of shivers and is not a safe ride. She will go back to auction when she has hair.