Online Tack Swap and Wanted List for TR Centers

Hi all,

Those of us the TR programs know that sometimes you end up with too may of one thing and not enough of another. Since we have equipment needs that are somewhat unique, is there any interest in a ongoing Tack Swap/Sale? I will happily host it on my website (it would be private so people would need to email me and I would add them to the list). Or maybe we can ask Chocomare if we could have a spot on Bits and Barter?

I have some half chaps in like new condition that I would be happy to donate. I don’t really want to swap them for anything, I am trying to get rid of stuff. Can I just send them to you?

we would love them laurierace! thank you!

That would be FABULOUS.

I’ve got some kids riding stuff that I have doubles/extras off and could pass along… and I’ll be needing adult/mens sizes for the new venture.

I’m online a LOT on the dead overnight shifts. As long as it’s not a blocked website, I’d be happy to volunteer time as needed online too!

How about white, fluffy contour pads like show pads and used kids ariats and kids tall boots? I can just stuff a box full of all sorts of things if you want them. Tell me where to send it.

We would love it Laurie…thank you. I will pm you our shipping address! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Pinto, if you can help a bit I think it would be a nice way for all of us to pass on things we don’t use and maybe find things that we could (or even those lovely things we don’t know we even need yet lol!)

Let me look into adding something to our website this week. It would be fitting to add it since I am going to be adding a help wanted section for future TR horses. :cool:

:smiley:

I was going to suggest maybe a section to offer horses for sale/lease/gift to para-riders, TR, etc.

I am going to start work on something this week Pinto…this will be awesome! :smiley:

Looks like I’m going to need a bigger box! Its amazing how much crap (to me) I have accumulated. Do you want the outgrown riding pants and stuff too or mainly equipment?

Laurierace, you are awesome! And rest assured, whatever they can’t use they’ll pass on!

We can use anything and everything laurierace. Riding clothes are wonderful for us to have because we have some students we take to local shows, and we have end of session shows too. The kids love to have appropriate gear, but it is almost never an affordable option for the families. And there is always the “OOPS! I arrived in shorts for my lesson!” days :lol:

Two years ago COTH totally outfitted the Special Olympics team at the barn I used to volunteer with, from boots to helmets. It was amazing…I still tear up when I think of it. The kids were so, so, so pleased.

I had more stuff that I could have sent but the only box I had was full to the brim. Its on its way, I hope you like it.

Thank you so, so much Laurierace! I know we will love it! I will let you know when it gets here :slight_smile:

PintoPiaffe? I am playing with some things for the swap. I am going to install a simple forum on www.borrowedfreedom.org so that orgs and individuals can post horses, gear etc? I am thinking about having it open for viewing but posts have to be approved and so on. What do you think?

So if were to list things here is what I have:

Horses - for lease and sale by TR centers
Adaptive Tack
Regular Tack
Helmets
Rider Apparel
Books and Media
Everything Else

What else would I need?

JMHO, but having to email you with a list would be enough of a PITA to keep me from participating.

However, I would LOVE to see a section on Bits and Boarder or a separate board just for this purpose. Proboards is free and easy to set up.

[QUOTE=jn4jenny;4927914]
JMHO, but having to email you with a list would be enough of a PITA to keep me from participating.

However, I would LOVE to see a section on Bits and Boarder or a separate board just for this purpose. Proboards is free and easy to set up.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure I understand what you mean jn4jenny? Emailing a list? Do you mean for posting items you want to buy/sell/trade? In that case you can post them, but they would be approved manually before they show up. To keep spam, scammers out. People would contact the seller/buyer/trader individually.

I have some quite well used but well made (in england) pony bridles and some misc tack I’m not using, are you still accepting donations?

We are Buck22, thank you!

The address is:

Borrowed Freedom Equine Therapy
c/o Colleen Cheechalk
1912 Nanticoke Drive
Endicott, NY 13760