Unlimited access >

OR or WA barn for retired hunter

Hi -
I have a 16 year old hunter retired due to neurological issues. He’s doing fine but he can’t be ridden. His current barn is downsizing. I live in Portland and I need to find a new place for him. The important thing is good care, daily
Turnout, and daily handling. I would love for him to be close to Portland so I can continue seeing him a few times a week but I’m open to any recommendations in OR and WA because the most important thing is a really good place for him. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Someday Farm in Bend has a beautiful retirement setup!

Blue Frog Equine is a pretty new facility in West Linn that’s amazing. I’ve had my horse at a couple of different retirement facilities and this is hands down the best. The horses get very personal, loving care…all-day turnout, daily grooming/handling/snacks/love… it’s been a great experience.

Thanks for the suggestions! Before I saw this message, I found Blue Frog Equine online and I visited yesterday. It seemed like excellent care and my guy will be moving there in July :smiley: very happy to have read your positive review.

So glad to hear this! I also have my horse at Blue Frog and he absolutely loves it there. The owner is so good at keeping me up to date with changes—I get a text the second something looks different with him, which gives me great peace of mind. The horses are all fat and happy and the owners are constantly making upgrades to the facility. Hope to see you around!

1 Like