Unlimited access >

Origins of domestic donkeys

Interesting article on the origins of domestic donkeys.
This should be a gift link.

At Long Last, a Donkey Family Tree https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/14/science/donkeys-genetics-archaeology.html?unlocked_article_code=O4dqPp9gCrBISwTuZCap7F56pezLFs_ptDFAx-4vABmNGUnm1B0tpahPTs1y8MGC99NvrhfRPfKQEhPH3c88fGK2SpzWabm6_BiM4OUwV3lo7_T1bD7EmwPaJxIS4kQ_T6EhkYldI9MOU5rP8UOvSmm3afBnj9wD3HP_1NFy9pIHu78XHaxenHi9_xM4MI2ClJiPePc6yeAe5szAcHQ06jBucDaXn-UBKfNl59I_s9ySkiDKTbSRNTzdMtNMWnyECi0BkYMTnxMtEJVpI3tA5DfUNb6USLTNf3ImCY8aAgDSwcbb5TInqPE5cug76rfH-hbCNNwjjaES1yvVbxNHTJwEsWKrOJk

8 Likes

Thanks for that interesting read!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I enjoyed this!

Although I want to know why they were interviewing Dean Richardson about donkeys. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I enjoyed that article a lot!

1 Like

That was neat. Makes me want to go hug Tony.

1 Like

Thank you for the gift link! Great article.
I love this quote:
"Dr. Merrifield finds in a donkey’s eyes “a touching sadness, a grace,” and a purity that “has no right to exist in the human world.”

So true, especially right beside a comment about the Donkey Skin trade, which I had never even heard about. I am so appalled to know that yet another animal species is the victim of traditional Chinese medicine.

LOVE the last photo! Hugging a donkey is something special, more so than a horse, I think.

3 Likes

Totally agree. They are so huggable. Mine is like a lap dog.