Unlimited access >

Osteo Max for General Joint Health

I had a friend recommend Osteo Max. She had improvement in her horse that had some general soreness/stiffness occasionally.

Has anyone tried this and had good or bad or no results?

So it’s an amino acid compound with vitamin D vitamin K and hyaluronic acid. I’m not sure that feed through HA is very effective. It’s a skin humectant and used as an injectable facial filler and I think joint injection.

feed-through HA actually has decent bioavailability depending on the molecular weight. I don’t know what Dalton weight 100X Equine uses

1 Like

Oh interesting. Does it work for people?

same deal - depends on the molecular weight :slight_smile:

High MW HA is what’s needed to have any chance of impacting joint health.

Lower MW HW is what you’d want for topical skin stuff.

Normal human HA MW is in the 3 million Daltons, so that’s what you want to approach for a supplement.

I THINK there’s been more study on the lower MW HA with oral use to improve skin health (with some promising valid results) than higher MW in horses to impact joint health.

2 Likes

Well, I use HA topically for my skin mostly it’s a humectant but I would take something innocuous for my gnarly hands if it was actually effective.

1 Like

Hyaluronic acid is one of the only oral joint supplement ingredients with any clinic data to support its use, at least in certain (admittedly, very specific/narrow) studies. As a nutritionist, it is the only oral joint supplement I use (LubriSyn).

I will not support companies like 100X with my consumer dollars. Their ads don’t just flirt with “food vs drug” regulations; they blatantly disregard them.

3 Likes